With our help, you’ll be enrolled and ready to start classes. You can also download the Admissions & Registration Guide.
Get started with these Steps to a Successful Enrollment!
Step 1. Apply for Admission
The first step to enrolling in CCD is to create an account and apply online. Don’t forget to save your student identification number.
- The College accepts all students who are at least 17 years of age.
- There is no application fee.
- College Opportunity Fund (COF) pays a portion of your total in-state tuition and is eligible for undergraduate students. Simply apply for the COF on your admissions application (see last question). You can also learn more about COF here.
Step 2. Send Your Official Transcript for Evaluation
Please send official transcripts from your previous colleges or universities directly to the CCD Admissions, Registration & Records office (Campus Box 201, P.O. Box 173363, Denver, CO 80217) after applying to CCD. Please note: We cannot begin evaluating transcripts without having a student ID number on file.
- We accept transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions recommended by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers and as specified by Colorado Community College System (CCCS) articulation agreements.
- We will evaluate your transfer credits on a course-by-course basis. You must have a grade of a "C" or better.
- Courses with a "Pass" or "Satisfactory" will only transfer if there is documentation on the back of the transcript showing that it is equivalent to a "C-" grade or higher.
- Graduate- and/or doctoral-level course work will not automatically transfer into CCD. This will need approval by the Dean of the specific degree program. Contact our office with any questions you might have.
- Course work beyond 10 years may not automatically transfer. Please contact our office to inquire about expiration of coursework.
Step 3. Apply for Financial Aid
Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is your application for all federal and state grants, loans, and work-study.
Step 4. Activate Your CCD eMail Account
- Your student CCDConnect email account is the official means of communication between you and the College.
- Use this Quick Guide to learn how to activate your CCD email account.
- At least once a week you should sign in to the CCDConnect web portal and view your registration, financial aid status, and check your email.
Step 5. Meet the Assessment Requirement
You must meet assessment requirements in the areas of math, reading, and English.
First, provide the Testing Center with an unofficial copy of college transcripts from a regionally accredited institution along with the Transcript Intake Form for review. Learn more about this process and download this form by reading Exemptions from the Accuplacer & Transcript Review" provided here.
The Testing Center will then help you to determine if one of the following is necessary to register for classes.
A. Take the Accuplacer placement test to assess your current academic skill level. Before you take the test you are strongly encouraged to prepare for the test.
B. Provide a copy of your ACT or SAT (no more than five years old) results with the following scores:
- ACT | English 18 | Math 19
- SAT | 440 (Critical Reading) | Math 460
Step 6. Attend New Student Orientation
- A hold will be placed on your account until you have attended a session, so don’t wait until the last minute to sign up!
Step 7. Get Academic Advising
Get the academic advising process started early as your advising session is your opportunity to find out what classes you should start in at CCD. Use the information here to determine your academic advising route.
A. If you are undecided or undeclared in a major, visit the Academic Advising Center.
B. If you have a declared and confirmed major or program, you will visit your program advisor. For example, if you are interested in a Health Sciences program, your program advisors at the Health Sciences Center at Lowry will assist you.
C. If you tested into ESL classes, meet with the ESL Advisor in Cherry Creek 307.
Step 8. Register for Classes
Register for your classes early for the best selection of classes and times.
Step 9. Complete the Payment Process
- Pay your tuition and fees in full at least one week before classes start.
- If you miss the payment deadline, you may be dropped from all classes and your original classes may no longer be available.
- Payment options are available.