All EXCELl! tutoring now occurs online via appointment. Online tutoring is new for the EXCEL! Zone staff and tutors. We appreciate your flexibility as we develop this new process. EXCEL! Zones' days of operation follow CCD's academic calendar and any weather or Auraria campus-related closures.
- Log-in to the session appointment a few minutes prior to the session start time.
- Ensure all technology is working prior to the session.
- Attend online tutoring sessions regularly.
- Be prepared with 2-3 questions you need assistance with (no quiz or test questions allowed)
- Attempt to work through your homework first then come to the tutoring session with questions. (Tutors will not do your homework)
- If you are unprepared for the session, the session may be canceled by the tutor.
- Appointment requests are considered confirmed once a confirmation email is sent to you with the Webex link; no need to accept.
- Cancellations: In the case that a session appointment needs to be canceled, students should proactively contact EXCEL! by responding to the appointment confirmation email at least 2 hours prior to the session. Students that have 3 cancelations to session appointments will result in the loss of EXCEL! online tutoring privilege for the remainder of the current semester.
- No Shows: Students who do not communicate with EXCEL! to cancel a session appointment prior to the session will be considered a “no show”. Students that have 3 cancelations and/or no-shows to session appointments will result in the loss of EXCEL! online tutoring privilege for the remainder of the current semester.
- Student appointment visit reports for instructor requirements can be requested by students emailing email@example.com. Once requests have been received, they will be fulfilled within five business days.
Work Smarter, Not Harder!
Note: EXCEL! Zone will be closed the following dates: Friday, June 19, Friday, July 3 & Monday, August 3.
Academic CoachingSummer Hours: Wednesdays & Thursdays 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.(MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before Academic Coaching closes.
Academic Coaching provides one-on-one coaching.
CTE ZoneSummer Hours: Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before the CTE Zone closes.
The Career & Technical Education (CTE) Zone provides the following services: CTE tutors for accounting, economics, marketing, business.
Digital ZoneSummer Hours: Mondays & Wednesdays 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. & Thursdays 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before the Digital Zone closes.
The Digital Zone supports CCD students in Digital Storytelling and navigating Webex, D2L, CCDConnect, Microsoft Suite, and the many applications available for creating digital content.
ESL ZoneSummer Hours: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before the ESL Zone closes.
The ESL Zone supports international students through tutor assistance with grammar, pronunciation, essay development, listening and speaking fluency, and reading comprehension. We serve all CCD English-language learners whether they have taken ESL courses at CCD or not.
Math ZoneSummer Hours: Mondays 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Tuesdays - Thursdays 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before the Math Zone closes.
The Math Zone provides tutoring services for all CCD math and physics courses.
Science ZoneSummer Hours: Thursdays noon - 2:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before the Science Zone closes.
The Science Zone provides the following services: Tutors for biology, chemistry, and astronomy.
Writing ZoneSummer Hours: Mondays - Thursdays 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before the Writing Zone closes.
At the Writing Zone, CCD students receive help on all stages of writing assignments, scholarship essays, job application materials. From brainstorming to posting on D2L, we are here to support you!
Video How-to: Join a Webex Meeting with a Tutor
Video How-to: Webex Meeting Essentials demonstrated by a CCD Tutor
Video How-to: Webex Annotation with Whiteboard and Office 365
Video How-to: Before, During, and After Note Taking
Video How-to: Make Time Conscious Choices
The EXCEL! Zone is CCD’s primary tutoring and academic support service. As a supplement to EXCEL!, Brainfuse online tutoring is available through a link in D2L. CCD purchases a package of minutes and offers a limited amount of free online tutoring minutes through Brainfuse. Once the minutes are depleted students can elect to purchase a package directly from the Brainfuse website or request a list of private tutors from EXCEL!.
EXCEL! Zone's Vision EXCEL! Zone provides robust learning resources that support students’ academic success, learning development, and engagement to enhance personal and professional growth.
EXCEL! Zone's Mission: EXCEL! Zone's mission is to cultivate self-reliant learners through individual/group tutoring, academic coaching, and access to technology tools, online resources, study and collaboration spaces.
Student Success: Tutors work towards helping students become independent learners according to the following guidelines: Students should arrive at EXCEL! Zones and Webex meetings prepared with all necessary books and materials. This means having attended class, taken notes, attempted homework, and reading assignments. Tutors are subject matter experts who have been successful students and/instructors. Though tutors are a good resource, they will not do students' work and are not responsible for final course grades. For course-specific questions, students should consult their instructors. Instructors and staff who would like to request services can send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.