While our everyday activities consist of building strategic connections with high schools, youth-serving non-profits, and community organizations in order to recruit new students, essentially, we are your welcoming committee to CCD.
Connect with Us
Our recruiters remain active around campus throughout the year with campus tours, individualized pre-enrollment sessions, and orientations. And when we are not traveling to meet with metro Denver area groups at high schools or other off-campus locations, you’ll find us at the Welcome Center in the Confluence Building. Stop by our offices any time to connect one-on-one with us after you have arrived as a student. We are not just here to help you before you become a student, but also enjoy connecting with you after you have settled in at CCD.
Want to Join the Student Ambassador Program?
Student Ambassadors are just as vital to our office as our staff members. As representatives of the College, our group more than 10 ambassadors act as a first point-of-contact for prospective students, current students, and the surrounding community. Learn more about becoming a part of the CCD Student Ambassador Program or about scheduling an Ambassador for your next campus event.
Student Ambassadors at CCD are part of an exciting organization comprised of current and former students who work with the COSO office to recruit future students. Ambassadors represent the College in various functions, such as orientations, campus tours, school visits, community outreach, and other events. Submit an application (2-page PDF) to our office, but first, read the information below.
How to Join SAP
All members of this organization are selected through an interview process and, if selected, take part in a high energy, fast-paced environment. Ambassadors are part of a team, and should always display a positive and cooperative attitude at all times. You must be flexible and comfortable with public speaking and one-on-one conversations, as you will be an educator to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership and academic excellence and meet the following requirements.
- Remain in good academic standing with CCD and maintain at least a 2.50 GPA
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills in person and over the phone
- Reliable and hard working
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in accomplishing assigned tasks
- Ability to participate in the program for at least one (1) academic year
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Work at the Welcome Center and assist with New Student Orientations
- Promote and participate in student activities and services
- Answer phones & respond to emails
- Conduct campus tours
- Follow-up with prospective students
- Perform database entry
- Provide peer-advising
- Attend monthly trainings/meetings
- Promote a positive image of the college
Benefits to Student Ambassadors
- Training and actual experience provides opportunities to develop communication, public speaking, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Community outreach will develop in you a sense of contributing to the community, as well as give you a personal and professional satisfaction in efforts to improve the lives of others.
- Enhance your resume! Our Ambassadors get real-life work experience and it shows.
Hours & Compensation
- Ambassadors will be paid on an hourly basis from work-study funds and student hourly funds.
- As an Ambassador, you will dedicate approximately 10-19 hours a week to the program, not including special events or meetings.
- Students will also be required to commit 10 hours of your time to various community outreach projects throughout the academic year.