Society of Professional Journalists
A Thriving Student Organization
Get involved with the SPJ Auraria Chapter, a group of students who promote the First Amendment and seek opportunities for networking and developing partnerships with media leaders. You don't have to be a journalism student; everyone is welcome to join.
SPJ is a professional organization that includes broadcast, print and online journalists, journalism educators, and students interested in journalism as a career.
It is the mission of the Society of Professional Journalists to
- promote the flow of information.
- maintain constant vigilance in protection of the First Amendment guarantees of freedom of speech and of the press.
- stimulate high standards and ethical behavior in the practice of journalism.
- foster excellence among journalists.
- inspire successive generations of talented individuals to become dedicated journalists.
- encourage diversity in journalism.
- be the pre-eminent, broad-based membership organization for journalists.
- encourage a climate in which journalism can be practiced freely.
The Society of Professional Journalists is dedicated to the perpetuation of a free press as the cornerstone of our nation and our liberty.
Join SPJ Today!Please contact SPJ chair, Kristi Strother, if you are interested in joining our chapter or gaining more information.
We are excited to host the SPJ Region 9 Conference here on the Auraria Campus, April 20th-21st. This conference presents students, staff, and professionals the opportunity to explore journalism and share their knowledge! For more information and ticket options, please visit their Facebook page.