Society of Professional Journalists
A Thriving Student Organization
Get involved with the SPJ Auraria Chapter, a group of students who promote the First Amendment and seek opportunities for networking and developing partnerships with media leaders. You don't have to be a journalism student; everyone is welcome to join.
SPJ is a professional organization that includes broadcast, print and online journalists, journalism educators, and students interested in journalism as a career.
It is the mission of the Society of Professional Journalists to
- promote the flow of information.
- maintain constant vigilance in protection of the First Amendment guarantees of freedom of speech and of the press.
- stimulate high standards and ethical behavior in the practice of journalism.
- foster excellence among journalists.
- inspire successive generations of talented individuals to become dedicated journalists.
- encourage diversity in journalism.
- be the pre-eminent, broad-based membership organization for journalists.
- encourage a climate in which journalism can be practiced freely.
The Society of Professional Journalists is dedicated to the perpetuation of a free press as the cornerstone of our nation and our liberty.