About This Program
This program gives you an advance on your CCD financial aid funds at the beginning of the semester so you can buy your books in time for classes. This is an advance of your expected CCD financial aid credit balance and will be deducted from your first disbursement of financial aid for the term.
If you are eligible, your book advance will be deposited automatically into your HigherOne account. To qualify, you must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress and must have a complete financial aid file, including enough accepted financial aid to cover your balance due, at least one month before classes start.
The Book Advance Program ends after the first week of classes for the term.
To be eligible for a book advance you must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in six or more credit hours at CCD or have a Federal Pell Grant Scheduled Award at CCD for the term.
- All requested forms must be submitted and disbursement requirements met 30 days prior to the first day of classes. Students completing your CCD financial aid files closer than 30 days to the beginning of the term are served on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Have a credit balance greater than $50 for the term (total aid authorized less tuition/fees due to CCD).
- Not be on ineligible satisfactory academic progress status.
Note: “authorized aid” is aid that is ‘ready’ to pay but the scheduled disbursement date has not yet arrived. First-time borrowers subject to the mandatory 30-day hold on their loan funds will be included as having ‘authorized’ loans.
You do not need to apply for the Book Advance. If you meet all the eligibility criteria above, CCD will send funds to your HigherOne account automatically. You can check your account to verify delivery of these funds to you.
As you are processed for financial aid, you become eligible for the book advance, funds may be available the first week of classes or prior to the first week of classes (based on eligibility). The business office will also notify you when the advance is placed in your account.
How Much Money Will I Get?
- The maximum amount of the book advance will be $500; minimum book advance is $50. Any amounts in-between are subject to amounts of financial aid funds available to you.
- You may purchase books/supplies with your book advance.
Book advances will result in an increase in the amount you are required to pay CCD. When CCD financial aid funds are disbursed after the add/drop period, the book advance and the tuition and fees due will be deducted. The remaining credit balance refund will be deposited to your student account.
How do I get paid for my Book Advance or financial aid?
CCD disburses financial aid funds after the standard 15-week term add/drop period each semester. The end of the add/drop period is defined as the last day to receive a 100 percent tuition and fee refund for the standard term.
After disbursement, any credit balance refund available to you will be posted to your HigherOne Account.
How do I check my balance?
To view your book advance balance, log into CCDConnect. You can also view your tuition/fee balance and your financial aid award as well.
How do I become ineligible to use the Book Advance?
If you drop or do not attend your courses, or your eligibility for financial aid changes, you may be ineligible for a book advance. If you have been given a book advance and then you become ineligible for the funds, you are obligated to repay the book advance back to CCD.