Scholarships for Veterans
We want you to succeed and have several scholarships to help you pay for college. Review the information provided here and apply today!
American GI Forum - 5281 Chapter Scholarship Fund
Established by the American GI Forum (AGIF) 5218 Chapter, this scholarship supports Hispanic veterans in their pursuit of post-secondary educational opportunities at CCD.
Requirements, Terms & Conditions
- Complete the CCD scholarship application
- U.S. military veteran and US citizen or legal resident
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Pursue a degree or certificate program
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress at CCD
- Accept the scholarship’s terms & conditions through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Day, September, 6th
- Write a “Thank You” letter and upload it through CCD’s scholarship portal by Census Day, September, 6th
- Attend the CCD Foundation’s Breakfast of Champions or Community Service Day, TBA
Serving Those Who Have Served Scholarship
CCD is offering a special scholarship for our student veterans, active-duty members, or students who are a dependent of a veteran!
To Qualify, You Must
- Be a veteran, a dependent of a veteran or an active duty service member.
- Have a portion of tuition and fees not covered by FAFSA, tuition assistance or GI Bill benefits.
- Have submitted your FAFSA.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
To apply, visit our office and speak with the Veterans Support Coordinator. We will review your information and submit a request to financial aid for you to receive this scholarship.
Workforce Initiatives Now (WIN) Veteran Scholarships
Funded through the CCD Foundation, the Workforce Initiatives Now (WIN) Veteran Scholarships provides scholarships to Military Veterans (who were honorably discharged) to assist them in gaining workforce skills.
To Qualify, You Must
- Demonstrate financial need by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be enrolled in one of the following certificates/programs: pre-engineering, welding, accounting, business technology (including administrative assistant, general office assistant, and office manager). Applicants interested in other programs should contact the WIN office to discuss their interests.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Be a Military Veteran, honorably discharged (you are required to provide DD214)
- Be enrolled in the WIN program.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at CCD
- Agree to attend/meet with CCD Foundation or scholarship donors as needed
- Write a thank you letter
To be considered for The WIN Veteran Scholarship, students need to fill out the CCD general scholarship application and respond Yes to the question, “Are you a military veteran, a non-traditional student over the age 50, a student with experience in the juvenile justice system?” and:
- Provide proof of Military Veteran (DD214).
- Be a participant in the WIN program.