Do you hold one of the following? RN, LPN, RPT, prior bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree
Due to the nature of this program, students in these categories are encouraged to apply directly to other BSN accredited schools, accelerated, or second-degree programs.
Students in the following categories will be considered for admission:
Students accepted into the INP program will have their choice of the Associate of General Studies Degree (A.G.S.) or the Associate of Science Degree (A.S.). If you want the A.S. degree, you must take one Oral Communication class (COM 115, 125 or 220). If you do not take one of these classes, you will receive the A.G.S. degree. Oral Communication is not required for the INP program but is required for the A.S. degree plan.
You must complete all nine initial prerequisite classes by the end of the spring semester in the year you are applying to the program. You will spend two and two-thirds calendar years in the INP program after completing the prerequisites and you are admitted to the program. You will earn an associate degree from CCD after completing all nine prerequisite classes plus the nine required classes, which are taken in the first two semesters of the INP program.
|COURSE NUMBER||COURSE TITLE||CREDITS|
|BIO 111||General College Biology||5|
|ENG 121||English Composition I||3|
|MAT 121||College Algebra||4|
|MAT 135||Introduction to Statistics||3|
|CHE 101||Introduction to Chemistry||5|
|PSY 101||General Psychology I||3|
|SOC 101||Introduction to Sociology I||3|
|HWE 100||Human Nutrition||3|
|ART/HUM||Art/Humanities Class* (one class)||3|
*If taking an art class, it must be a non-performance class. Philosophy courses do not meet this prerequisite requirement.
About the Prerequisites
- The INP program’s prerequisites are different than other baccalaureate and associate degree programs.
- Please do not take Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, English Composition 2 and Human Growth and Development courses until you have been admitted to the program.
- Students may take most prerequisites in any order.
- Please note: CU will only accept AP credit for the following prerequisite courses: Statistics, Psychology, and History. AP Calculus will count as College Algebra, but not Calculus. CU will only take CLEP credit for Algebra (College Algebra, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus and Calculus all will count as College Algebra), Psychology, Sociology, and English Composition 1. CCD will transfer in credit for your AP/IB and CLEP credits, but CU will only accept the above scores/classes to meet the INP prerequisite credit. If you took AP Biology or Algebra, you will still need to take these classes to fulfill the INP prerequisites. AP scores must be a 4 or 5 on the exam. CLEP scores must be 54 or higher to be able to accept the credit for transfer.
Points to Consider
- Take Algebra before Biology.
- We strongly encourage you to take the science classes with labs in the classroom.
- Give careful consideration to taking intense or heavy credit hour classes, such as the sciences, in the summer semester; these classes are shorter and taught in a compressed format.
- Minimum 3.0 or higher prerequisite GPA is required. This GPA includes the highest grade attempts for courses included on transcripts at the time of application. Suggested cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher based on all previous course attempts.
- Prerequisites that were completed more than 10 years ago are not accepted.
As you near completion of the prerequisite courses listed above, please contact Program Coordinator Kathy Welsch, the Integrated Nursing Pathway to Baccalaureate Nursing Education Program (INP) for an appointment.
- Cost of prerequisites and first two semesters in the INP program are charged at current Community College of Denver tuition rates.
- Cost of the last six semesters at the College of Nursing (CON) is charged at current University of Colorado CON tuition rates.