Excel Knowledge Zone
To provide students with innovative learning experiences through academic coaching, individual/group tutoring, technology tools/resources such as individual study spaces, collaboration spaces/tools, professional tutoring, study skills/strategies, computer-use zones and printing stations. A calendar of ‘EXCEL! Extensions’ is available now in the events calendar. Coming soon - virtual tutoring!
Refer a Peer Tutor
Peer tutors provide individual and group instruction in the EXCEL! Knowledge Zone. Apply here.
The Main Zone provides the following services:
- Computer lab, quiet study spaces, collaboration space, virtual tutoring (coming soon)
- Tutors for math, physics, writing, digital storytelling & ESL
Confluence Building, 4th Floor
- Digital Zone: Tuesdays - Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
- ESL Zone: Mondays – Thursdays, 1- 5:00 p.m.
- Math Zone: Mondays & Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Tuesdays & Thursdays 1 - 5:00 p.m.; Fridays, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Writing Zone: Mondays – Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; Fridays, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
At the EXCEL! Math Zone, CCD students receive support in all math courses through walk-in tutoring, 24/7 online tutoring, group study areas, computers, and study sessions before the next big exam. Or choose to work independently, knowing that a tutor is just a raised-hand away. Join in for topic-based mini-seminars throughout the semester, ranging from using your calculator to factoring to the unit circle.
At the Writing Zone, CCD students receive help on all stages of writing assignments, scholarship essays, job application materials, and more. Students can come in for walk-in sessions of up to 30 minutes, twice a day on an assignment. From brainstorming to posting on D2L, we are here to support you!
At the Digital Zone, CCD students are supported on all stages of creating a Digital Story video: writing/revising scripts, creating voice recordings, sourcing copyright-free content. Students walk-in for sessions of up to 30 minutes, twice a day on an assignment. From brainstorming to posting on D2L, we are here for technical support!
The Career & Technical Education (CTE) Zone provides the following services:
- Computer space
- CTE tutors for accounting, economics, marketing, QuickBooks, business
Cherry Creek Building, Rooms 205 & 210
Mondays - Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Fridays, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The Science Zone provides the following services:
- Tutors for biology, chemistry, astronomy, and physics
Science Building, Room 1019
Tuesdays - Thursdays, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.