Community College of Denver is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our students, faculty, and community. Here is where you can find the latest updates and policies related to COVID-19 and our College.
Based on the evidence of decreasing COVID-19 cases throughout the state and with guidance from local health leaders; CCD has decided to remove the mask mandate for staff and students beginning March 7. Masks are still recommended and encouraged as they have been a proven way to slow the spread of COVID-19 in group situations if a person does have the virus.
Certain courses may still require masks due to the nature of the coursework or in classrooms where social distancing will be difficult to achieve. If you are in one of these classes, your instructor will notify you.
While many of us are eager to see each other’s friendly faces again, anyone may continue to wear a mask at their discretion should they choose. If you are asked by your faculty, colleague, or peer to wear a mask in their presence, please be respectful of their choice and request. Masks will continue to be made available in all of CCD’s buildings.
- Instructors may request for the class to all wear masks if the instructor determines the space insufficient in spacing, airflow, or for accommodation-related reasons.
- Staff members may request for individuals that meet with them in their personal workspaces to continue wearing masks.
Our COVID-19 Response Team will continue to monitor positive COVID-19 cases on campus to maintain a safe learning and working environment
In order to keep the campus safe and operational, it is essential to report COVID-19 cases for contact tracing purposes. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 please inform your supervisor or class instructor, and fill out our COVID-19 reporting form below. Do not come to campus until you have been in contact with our COVID-19 response team or unless a healthcare provider has deemed that you do not have COVID-19.
What to do if you're not feeling well?If you are not feeling well, do not come to campus. Please stay home. If you have questions about a course, please contact your instructor. Staff members should report to their immediate supervisor if they experience symptoms of COVID-19
For an understanding of how positive COVID-19 test results are reported to CCD, see our COVID-19 Response Flowchart.
Reporting Your COVID-19 Status
To maintain the health of our College community, CCD asks all students, staff, and visitors to complete our online COVID-19 reporting form if they experience any of the following:
- experience symptoms of COVID-19;
- receive a positive COVID-19 test result;
- ordered to be quarantined by a medical professional;
- quarantined due to exposure;
- hospitalized due to COVID-19.
If you’re faced with one of these situations, complete the COVID-19 reporting form as soon as possible.
CCD continues to prioritize the health and safety of our students and is following the guidance of DDPHE and local policies. At this time, Denver county’s mask mandate, and public health have expired and masks are no longer required on the Auraria campus in most situations, other less otherwise noted.
At this time, CCD has removed the COVID-19 Testing protocols that were enacted on October 7, 2021, for spring 2022. Weekly testing is no longer required for staff or students. Vaccination status is no longer required to be submitted.
Who does not need to quarantine when exposed to COVID-19?
If you came into close contact or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 you can return to work as long as one of the following points below applies to you. You must still wear a mask around other people. Additionally, the CDC advises anyone that meets one of these requirements to get a COVID-19 test 5 days after exposure if possible.
- You have received a COVID-19 booster, or
- Received both doses of a (two-dose) COVID-19 vaccine within the last 6 months, or
- Received the primary (first dose) of the Jansen Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine within the last 2 months.
Who does need to quarantine?
If you were exposed to someone with COVID-19, and if any of the following are true, then you will need to stay home for at least 5 days. If you develop symptoms, the quarantine would be extended until symptoms are cleared. If an individual does not have symptoms, feels fine 5 days after a known exposure, and has taken precautions, then they could return to work.
- Received both doses (of a two-dose) COVID-19 vaccine more than 6 months ago, or
- Received the primary (first dose) of the Jansen Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine more than 2 months ago, or
- If you are unvaccinated
- COVID FAQs | Updated January 2022
- COVID Testing Requirements | October 7, 2021
- A Message from the Auraria Executives Council: A Campus Mask Update | August 6, 2021
For the latest news and stories related to COVID-19 at CCD, visit our CityHawk Talk blog.