All EXCEL professional tutoring is free to current CCD students and occurs remotely via our self-service appointment scheduling system Accudemia. EXCEL’s professional tutors are trained to fully utilize WebEx with students for tutoring sessions. To get started, watch this short How-to Video to set up an Accudemia account and learn how to schedule appointments with a professional tutor in Math, Writing, Digital Support, or Academic Study Skills. To set up an account select the “New Users Click Here” button and follow the prompts. Students who already have an account can go to the “Returning Users Click Here” button and schedule an appointment(s).
EXCEL’s days of operation follow CCD’s academic calendar and any weather or Auraria campus-related closures. This semester the EXCEL Zone is open through December 4, 2020.
- Log-in to the session appointment a few minutes prior to the session start time. This ensures technology is working prior to the session.
- Attempt to work through homework first. Then, come to the tutoring session with 2-3 questions - no quiz or test questions allowed. Tutors will not do student work.
- If students are unprepared for the session, the session may be canceled by the tutor.
- EXCEL professional tutoring services are free to currently enrolled CCD students.
- Up to 3-5 appointments per week; often same-day appointments are available.
- All appointments are considered confirmed at the time of scheduling. Students will still receive a confirmation email to their @student.cccs.edu email with a WebEx meeting link for each appointment.
- Cancelations: In the case that a session appointment needs to be canceled, students should proactively contact EXCEL! by responding to the appointment confirmation email at least 2 hours prior to the session. Students that have 3 cancelations to session appointments will result in the loss of EXCEL! online tutoring privilege for the remainder of the current semester.
- No Shows: Students who do not communicate with EXCEL! to cancel a session appointment prior to the session will be considered a “no show”. Students that have 3 cancelations and/or no-shows to session appointments will result in the loss of EXCEL! online tutoring privilege for the remainder of the current semester.
EXCEL's Computer Lab
- The EXCEL Computer Zone is dedicated to individual study use and digital tutoring literacy. Computers have internet browsers to access CCD Connect, D2L, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Please keep in mind there are 6 computers that students can use for up to 2 hours at a time.
- As a tutoring space, computer use is drop-in only with a maximum of two hours when there is a waitlist.
- If you need to listen to something, bring your own headset.
Computer Lab Fall Hours:
Closed as of November 20, 2020 for the remainder of fall 2020 semester
Note: EXCEL Zone is closed on November 5-6, 23-29 and December 7.
Academic CoachingFall Hours: Mondays - Tuesdays | 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before Academic Coaching closes.
Academic Coaching supports CCD students in study skill development for all CCD courses.
Digital ZoneFall Hours: Mondays - Fridays | 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before the Digital Zone closes.
The Digital Zone supports CCD students in gaining an understanding of basic technology use such as D2L, CCDConnect, Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), WebEx, and Wevideo for course assignments as well as general CCD video-based scholarships. Come here to learn how to work effectively with technology or earn your free Digital Storytelling Certificates in Basic and Advanced Digital Storytelling.
Math ZoneFall Hours: Mondays - Thursdays | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Fridays | 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before the Math Zone closes.
The Math Zone provides tutoring services for all CCD math and physics courses.
Writing ZoneFall Hours: Mondays - Thursdays | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Fridays | 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (MST)
*The last appointment begins 30 minutes before the Writing Zone closes.
At the Writing Zone, CCD students - including ESL students - receive help on all stages of writing assignments, scholarship essays, job application materials. From brainstorming to posting on D2L, we are here to support you!
The EXCEL Zone is CCD’s primary tutoring and academic support service. As a supplement to EXCEL, Brainfuse online tutoring is available through a link in D2L. CCD purchases a package of minutes and offers a limited amount of free online tutoring minutes through Brainfuse. Once the minutes are depleted students can elect to purchase a package directly from the Brainfuse website or request a list of private tutors from EXCEL.
Work Smarter, Not Harder!
EXCEL! Zone's Vision
EXCEL Zone provides robust learning resources that support students’ academic success, learning development, and engagement to enhance personal and professional growth.
EXCEL! Zone's Commitment
EXCEL Zone's commitment is to cultivate self-reliant learners through individual/group tutoring, academic coaching, and access to technology tools, online resources, study, and collaboration spaces.
Tutors work towards helping students become independent learners according to the following guidelines: Students should arrive at EXCEL Zones and Webex meetings prepared with all necessary books and materials. This means having attended class, taken notes, attempted homework, and reading assignments. Tutors are subject matter experts who have been successful students and/instructors. Though tutors are a good resource, they will not do students' work and are not responsible for final course grades. For course-specific questions, students should consult their instructors. Instructors and staff who would like to request services can send inquiries to email@example.com.