Alternative Format Text
Requesting Alternative Format Textbooks
Alternative media is provided to students on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You must contact your accessibility specialist (AS) each semester to request or renew your accommodations. As soon as you register, bring or send your schedule to your AS and the alternative media specialist.
- Request your alternative media textbook(s) as soon as possible as some texts may require many weeks to prepare.
- Watch for an email or phone call from the alternative media specialist to acknowledge your alternative media accommodation.
- You will need to provide proof of purchase of your textbook(s) before you can receive it in an alternate format. Please bring or send this proof to the alternative media specialist; this is how to get in line for your alternative formatted materials. Alternative media is provided to students on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- We may need to keep all or parts of your book in order to break it and scan it into an electronic format. You will find this out when you are contacted by the alternative media specialist in step 3 above.
- Your book will be provided, if possible, in one of these formats: Daisy or MP3 audio, PDF, DOC, DOCX, or RTF. Special provisions are needed if a hardcopy or other special services/formats are required.
- When your book is available, come to the alternative media services office in Cherry Creek Building, room 226 to sign a lending agreement and pick up your materials.