CCD Test Security & Fairness
The test security and fairness policies are designed to give you a standardized, fair, and equitable opportunity to demonstrate your academic skills and to prevent anyone from gaining an unfair advantage. When you register to take an exam at the CCD Testing Center, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and will comply with these policies.
- All tests require a scheduled testing appointment. For scheduling information regarding a specific test, please visit the Testing Center's home page.
- Present a government issued or student photo identification during time of check-in. Upon request an additional form of identification must be shown.
- Empty pockets, turn pockets inside out, raise pant legs above ankles, raise long sleeves above wrists. We will use a security wand for safety measures prior to entering the testing lab.
- You must understand that visitors are not allowed in the testing lab at any time.
- Non-test takers younger than 12 years of age are neither allowed in the testing lab during testing testing or other college functions nor to be left unattended in the lobby.
- Turn off all electronic devices and store ALL personal belongings in a secure locker prior to testing.
- All tests fees are non-refundable.
- For Community College of Denver class exams that allow for notes and/or cue sheets, the testing center will collect and attach all notes to the paper exam. Unless otherwise noted by instructor, students are allowed a MAXIMUM of two (2) pages (8.5"x11") of notes front and back. Students wishing to keep their notes must make a copy prior to entering the testing lab.
- Illegal or unauthorized possession or use of weapons, use or possession of drugs, or alcoholic beverages and/or public intoxication is not permitted in the Testing Center in accordance with the CCD Student Code of Conduct.
- Hats, coats, scarves, sunglasses (unless required by religion or medical condition)
- Cell phones, iPads, iPods, Palm PDA’s, other electronic devices
- Eyeglass cases, pencil cases, calculator cases
- Sunglasses, purses, backpacks, wallets, keys
- Headphones or earbuds
- Food or drinks
- Illegal or unauthorized possession of weapons and drugs
- Other than service animals, pets are not allowed in the Testing Center
- Other as determined by exam type
All personal item will be stored in the Testing Center’s secured lockers.
- Ear plugs
- Sound machines
- Pencils (basic and mechanical)
- Sound reduction headphones
- Lined and graphing paper (if scratch paper is allowed)