Useful Links for Institutional Research
Find Data You Need in the Right Places
The links provided here are here to assist you in understanding the research process and finding more information if needed.
- ACT - an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides more than a hundred assessment, research, information, and program management services in the broad areas of education and workforce development. Locator for High School and College/Scholarship codes
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - An amazing amount of useful economic information.
- Colorado Community College System (CCCS) - Comprises the state's largest system of higher education and supplies IR reports about the System and Career and Technical Education.
- Colorado Community College System (CCCS) Institutional Research
- Colorado Community College System (CCCS) Strategic Plan
- Colorado Department of Education - Through setting a clear vision for increasing student performance, CDE continually supports the advancement and improvement of the state’s education system to prepare all learners for success in a rapidly changing global workplace.
- Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) - This site is easy to navigate to find information about education at all levels in Colorado.
- Colorado Labor Market Information (LMI) - Reports and information about Colorado's labor market.
- Chronicle of Higher Education, The- The best parts of this site are restricted to subscribers only. At the Chronicle site, you can do article searches, access their annual "Almanac of Higher Education," and gain access to their very useful Fact File database. Please note that some of the items in their "Facts and Figures" are available for public access.
- Colorado State Demography Office Publications and Presentations - Colorado population and demographics reports.
- Denver Hispanic Chamber - Hispanic community in the United States and Colorado-demographics
- Denver Public Schools
- Division of Science Resource Studies, The of NSF - Very useful publications and summary data, with links that drill right down to the reports themselves.
- EAB - Education Advisory Board
- NCES Education Statistics - The perfect place for finding summary data about many issues in Higher Education.
- NCES College Navigator - Using this site you can find institution-level data about any institution or group of institutions. You can search by institution, type of institution, region, enrollments, programmatic offerings, etc. and find information about enrollments, degrees, staff, faculty, finances, and many other institutional characteristics. It is based on data that the institutions submit as part of their federal reporting requirements.
- NSF WebCASPAR - This is the place to go for institution-level Science and Engineering data. (Don't be intimidated by the login screen—you don't have to register to use it.) Data can be downloaded into a number of useful formats, including spreadsheets.
- Outcomes Assessment Resources - North Carolina State University has compiled this very useful list of references and links to resources for conducting outcomes assessment.
- SAT Profiles of the Nation's College Bound Seniors.
- United States Census Bureau - Measuring the people, places and economy of the United States
- Colorado Census Data - Colorado's people, places and economy