CCD opens the door to a rich college experience by providing services, resources, and reasonable accommodations for our students with disabilities.
Students with documented disabilities who need reasonable accommodations to access their courses should apply for services at the Accessibility Center (AC) or call . Faculty is not obligated to provide accommodations without proper notification from the AC Office.
The Accessibility Center has a variety of services, resources, and reasonable accommodations available for those CCD students with disabilities who request them.
- Sign Language and oral interpreting
- Accessibility to campus classes, programs, and activities
- Alternative media production for textbooks and class materials
- Note taking
- Use of assistive technology with training
- Consultation with instructors
- Test accommodations
- Classroom furniture assistance
- Parking and transportation information
- Tutor referral
- Universal Design training for staff
Unfortunately, CCD is not able to offer the following services:
- Psycho-educational diagnostic assessments,
- Self-contained classes,
- Asking faculty to compromise the quality of instruction or evaluation or class standards,
- Modifications to curriculum,
- Personal devices or assistance for student personal use, or
- Orientation and mobility training for the blind.
CCD is committed to providing equal access for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADAAA) Amendments Act of 2008 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, in addition to Section 508. In support of its commitment to provide equal access to all students, CCD offers accommodations and support through the Accessibility Center (AC). Through the AC office, all students will have equal access to all programs, services, and activities offered at CCD.