Graduation & Commencement Information
Congratulations! You made it!
You are joining thousands of other CCD graduates, moving from students to alumni. Before you take this final step, you must apply to graduate.
The priority deadline to apply for graduation for each semester is:
- Fall Semester – September 10
- Spring Semester – February 10
- Summer Semester – June 10
If the published deadline occurs on a weekend, applications will be accepted until the following business day. If it is past the priority deadline and you are wanting to graduate, please contact Jan Masters.
Please read the following carefully.
Step 1: Verify Eligibility, Records & Requirements
- MAJOR: You must be accepted into a program of study (major) at Community College of Denver before applying for graduation. Meet with your academic advisor or go to Degree Check on CCDConnect to be sure you have been accepted into the correct program of study and that you are on track to graduate.
- CREDITS: You must take at least 15 credit hours of your degree or 25 percent of your certificate to receive a diploma from this institution. The minimum credit requirement for a degree is 60 hours. Certificate requirements vary.
- GPA: You must earn a grade of “C” or better in each course.
Incomplete and Satisfactory Progress If you have a grade of “I” or “SP” on your CCD record, you must have the department submit grade changes to Office of Registration and Records no later than two weeks after the semester ends.
- VERIFY NAME: The name on your diploma will be printed with the current name on your school records. If your name has changed, submit a Change of Information Form with Office of Registration and Records (Confluence Building, room 144).
- TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION: If you have credits from a previous school or institution that needs to be evaluated for your program, make sure the Office of Registration and Records (Confluence Building, room 114) has received your official transcripts by the time you submit the Graduation Application Form. Applicable credits must be transferred in order to be eligible to graduate.
- CREDIT FOR PRIOR LEARNING: Students applying for Credit for Prior Learning must have all paperwork completed with the Academic Advising and Student Success Center (Confluence Building, room 123).
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Specific programs may have additional requirements; Check the catalog for your specific program of study.
Step 2: Complete the Graduation Application for Your Degree
There are two different processes for the graduation application depending on which degree/certificate you are achieving. Select the appropriate button below to view and complete the correct form.
Step 3: Attend Commencement
Once you have been approved to graduate, we welcome you to join us for commencement. CCD has one commencement ceremony each academic year. It is held in mid-May for the graduates from the previous summer, fall, and spring semesters. For more information, please visit CCD.edu/Commencement.