Now Accepting Applications for the Summer 4-week & 7-week Nurse Aide Program
Application Deadline is May 15th ~ Classes Start May 29th
Upon acceptance into the program, please plan to attend the mandatory new nurse aide orientation on Friday, May 18th, 3:30-5:00 p.m. at Lowry Health Sciences (1070 Alton Way, Denver, CO 80230) (For those starting class in July, orientation is June 29th, same time and place.)
About the Program
In as little as four weeks, you can obtain the necessary training to become a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Colorado. Nurse Aides provide the most fundamental patient care in hospitals, hospice care, home health care and long-term care facilities while under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Nurse Aides have an enormous and lasting impact on their patients/clients.
This program is designed around YOU! This five-credit certificate is offered during the day, night or weekend in 4, 7 or 15 weeks respectively and is available at either our downtown Denver campus (Auraria) or our Aurora campus (Lowry Health Sciences). In addition, this program is approved by the Colorado Board of Nursing. Upon graduation, you will be eligible to take the Colorado Nurse Aide Certification Exam.
Questions? Connect with Faculty & Staff
|Start Date||Application Deadline|
|Tuesday, March 13, 2018||Tuesday, February 27, 2018|
|Tuesday, May 29, 2018||Tuesday, May 15, 2018|
Approximate Course Costs
Please be aware that this program is five-credits and therefore not financial aid eligible. Due to this restriction, once you have been accepted into the nurse aide program, you must either pay in full, or make payment arrangements to pay for the course.
The estimates provided here apply only to Colorado residents and are subject to change. You must live in the state of Colorado for at least one continuous year prior the first day of classes to be eligible for in-state tuition. The actual costs for the program will vary, depending on the
- tuition & fee changes for each year, *(Students taking classes only at Lowry, will not be charged some of the fees that you will incur if you take classes on the Auraria Campus.)
- amount available from the College Opportunity Fund (COF), and
- cost of immunizations, uniforms, shoes, gait belt, and wrist-watch costs.
|Tuition & Fees||AMOUNT|
|Student Tuition & Fees Cost Sub-Total||$1,042.49|
|Castle Branch Background Check Package Code: OM22||$34.20|
|Immunizations obtained at Auraria Health Center (TB Skin Test & Flu Shot)||$5.00|
|Scrubs (Must be ordered through Crazy Scrubs and need to be Pewter Gray color)||$64.00|
|Gait Belt (required for clinical experience)||$8.00|
|State Exam (written & skills)||$123.00|
|Textbook/Workbook (purchased at the Auraria Bookstore, workbook is optional)||$40.50|
|Associated Course Costs Sub-Total (Approximate)||$274.70|
|Total Cost of Course (Approximate)||$1,317.19|
Scholarships are now available for short certificates at CCD. Please visit the scholarship website and see if you are eligible.
Please call 303.365.8300 for further information regarding any future semesters in which you may be interested.
Our classes are offered at two different campuses: Lowry Health Sciences campus near Aurora and Auraria Campus downtown Denver.
Please select a session that will work with your schedule. Some options for when we offer courses are listed below. Please note that some sections may not be offered, based on enrollment.
Auraria or Lowry
- 7-Week: Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays, 6:00 - 9:50 p.m.
- 7-Week: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- 15-Week: Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- 15-Week: Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Each section is limited to 10 seats.
Please note that NUA 101 and NUA 170 are co-requisite classes. This means that, after you have been accepted into the Nurse Aide Program, you must register for both the NUA 101 & the NUA 170 classes, at the same time.
- Student ID badges are required to be worn in class and at clinicals.
- A picture will be taken at the nurse aide orientation.
- The cost of your badge is included in your tuition and fees.
NOTE: Lost or damaged ID badges must be replaced before any clinical and may be obtained at $25.00 per replacement.
Must have both the textbook and the workbook:
- Book title: Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care - Long Term Care, 3rd Edition
- Authors: Hedman, Susan Alvare, Fuzy, Jetta & Rymer, Suzanne
- ISBN info: 978-1-60425-041-1 (Softcover) or 978-1-60425-044-2 (Hardcover)
- Book title: Workbook (Harman's Nursing Assistant Care - Long Term Care, 3rd Edition)
- ISBN info: 978-1-60425-042-8
- Book title: Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care - Long Term Care, 4th Edition
- ISBN info: 978-1604250749 (Softcover) or 978-19604250770 (hardcover)
- Book title: Workbook (Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care - Long Term Care 4th ed.
- ISBN info: 978-1-60425-075-6
You can purchase your book at the Auraria bookstore Tivoli Station or you're welcome to buy it somewhere else.
Required Uniform & Other Items
Uniform & Ancillary Items
You can purchase your scrubs and gait belt at orientation.
- Scrubs: Pewter gray scrubs.
- Shoes: Closed-toe, closed-heel, skid-resistant
- Gait belt: No quick-release snaps, no nylon belts. All cotton, only, with metal clasp.
- Watch: Wrist-watch, with a second hand, any color, analog only (no digital watches)
NOTE: Be sure to wear your scrubs and bring your equipment to each class and clinical.