Now Accepting Applications for Fall Semester!
Upon acceptance into the program, please plan to attend the mandatory nurse aide orientation on Monday, October 1st, 3:30-5:00 p.m. at CCD's Health Sciences at Lowry location (1070 Alton Way, Denver, CO 80230).
About the Program
In as little as four weeks, you can obtain the necessary training to become a certified nurse aide (CNA) in the state of Colorado. Nurse aides provide the most fundamental patient care in hospitals, hospice care, home health care and long-term care facilities while under the supervision of a registered nurse. Nurse aides have an enormous and lasting impact on their patients/clients.
This program is designed around YOU! This five-credit certificate is offered during the day, night or weekend in 7 or 15 weeks respectively and is available at either our downtown Denver campus (Auraria Campus) or our Lowry location (Health Sciences at Lowry). In addition, this program is approved by the Colorado Board of Nursing. Upon graduation, you will be eligible to take the Colorado Nurse Aide Certification Exam.
Questions? Connect with Faculty & Staff
|Application Deadline||Classes Start|
|Wednesday, October 10th, 2018||Tuesday, October 16th, 2018|
Please be aware that this program is five-credits and therefore not financial aid eligible. Due to this restriction, once you have been accepted into the nurse aide program, you must either pay in full or make payment arrangements to pay for the course.
The estimates provided here apply only to Colorado residents and are subject to change. You must live in the state of Colorado for at least one continuous year prior the first day of classes to be eligible for in-state tuition. The actual costs for the program will vary, depending on the
- tuition & fee changes for each year, *(Students taking classes only at Lowry will not be charged for the same fees as those students taking classes on the Auraria Campus.)
- the amount available from the College Opportunity Fund (COF), and
- cost of immunizations, uniforms, shoes, gait belt and wrist-watch costs.
|Tuition & Fees||AMOUNT|
|Student Tuition & Fees Cost Sub-Total||$1,103.22|
|Castle Branch Background Check Package Code: OM22||$34.20|
|Immunizations obtained through Auraria Health Center (TB Skin Test & Flu Shot)||$5.00|
|Scrubs (Must be ordered through Crazy Scrubs and needs to be pewter gray color)||$64.00|
|Gait Belt (required for clinical experience)||$8.00|
|NNAAP Exam (written)||$50.00|
|NNAAP Exam (skills)||$85.00|
|Textbook & Workbook (both are required)||$64.00|
|Associated Course Cost Sub-Total (approximate)||$310.20|
|Total Cost of Course (Approximate)||$1,413.42|
Scholarships are now available for short certificates at CCD. Please visit the scholarship website and see if you are eligible.
Please call 303.365.8300 for further information regarding any future semesters in which you may be interested.
Our classes are offered at two different campuses: Health Sciences at Lowry location near Aurora and the Auraria Campus in downtown Denver.
Please select a session that will work with your schedule. Some course options are listed below. Please note that some sections may not be offered, based on enrollment.
Auraria or Lowry
- 7-Week: Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays, 6 - 9:50 p.m.
- 7-Week: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
- 15-Week: Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- 15-Week: Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Each section is limited to 10 seats.
Please note that NUA 101 and NUA 170 are co-requisite classes, which means after you have been accepted into the nurse aide program, you must register for both the NUA 101 & the NUA 170 classes at the same time.
- Student ID badges must be worn in class and at clinicals.
- Your picture will be taken at the nurse aide orientation.
- The cost of your badge is included in your tuition and fees.
NOTE: Lost or damaged ID badges must be replaced before any clinical and may be obtained at $25.00 per replacement.
Must have both the textbook and the workbook:
- Book title: Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care - Long Term Care, 4th Edition
- ISBN info: 978-1604250749 (Softcover) or 978-19604250770 (hardcover)
- Book title: Workbook (Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care - Long Term Care 4th ed.
- ISBN info: 978-1-60425-075-6
You can purchase your book at the Auraria bookstore Tivoli Station or you're welcome to buy it somewhere else.
Required Uniform & Other Items
Uniform & Ancillary Items
You can purchase your scrubs and gait belt at orientation.
- Scrubs: Pewter gray scrubs.
- Shoes: Closed-toe, closed-heel, skid-resistant
- Gait belt: No quick-release snaps, only nylon belts
- Watch: Wrist-watch, with a second hand, any color, analog only (no digital/smartwatches)
NOTE: You must wear your scrubs and clinical ID to each class and clinical.