About the Program
The AAS degree and certificates focus on preparation for a career in architecture or related design professions as a well-rounded and capable technical specialist. This foundational degree also provides a cost-effective springboard for transfer into a four-year nonprofessional degree program in architecture as the next step towards graduate work and eventual licensure as an architect.
With this degree, you will develop the skills, insights, and perspectives needed to become a desirable and valuable design thinker in today’s technically demanding professional environment. The integrated competencies arising from this degree completion have direct applications in both the public and private sector, and in related arenas such as building materials design and fabrication, construction, code enforcement, sustainable design advocacy, existing building survey and documentation, drafting and architectural documentation services, and residential design/build contracting and services.
Start Here. Go Anywhere.
CCD’s architectural technologies program offers a curriculum of critical core competencies crafted to enable you to pursue a wide range of career options in the design of the built environment. These areas of focus include:
- Digital technology competencies centered around Building Information Technologies (BIM) as the emerging professional standard for design documentation.
- Concurrent learning structured around an understanding of how buildings go together—the material fabric of architecture and its assemblage—in a manner that conserves resources and supports sustainability.
- The history of our building culture and a basic understanding of design as a process, in order to nurture an ability in harnessing cultural knowledge and contemporary resources as a competent and valuable problem-solver.
- Extensive cross-curriculum training in hand drawing and visual thinking as central and irreplaceable tools for proficient designers.
- A solid foundation of general education coursework critical to successful contemporary professional design practice (English composition, mathematics, physics, and communication skills).
The world of building design and architecture—like so many other aspects of modern culture—is rapidly evolving. Our two-year program aims to prepare you to assume roles as leaders of that change and innovation.
In addition, CCD reaches out to the professional community by providing professional development certificates designed to help practicing professionals pursue either advancement within the profession or simply keep current with technological change. We currently offer three certificates grounded within our AAS degree core course offerings and are in development stages of several more certificates to continue to serve our industry.
Our Certificates & Degrees
- Architectural Technologies (AAS)
- Basic AT (C)
- Intermediate AT (C)
- AT Professional Development (C)
- ARE Prep (C)
- Computer Visualizations (C)
- Revit (C)