Western Undergraduate Exchange Program Application
The Western Undergraduate Exchange Program application (also known as WUE) is submitted by non-residents who maintain residency with another qualified state for reduced tuition rates.
Please consider the following when applying for the Western Undergraduate Exchange Program:
- States that qualify for WUE Program: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
- Students 22-years old and younger: You will need to submit at least two intent items from your parent who resides in one of the qualifying states on the WUE application.
- Students 23-years old and older: You will need to submit at least two intent items from one of the qualifying states on the WUE application.
- The time spent in the WUE Program will not count towards the 12-month domicile requirement for in-state tuition.
- Once the WUE application is processed, you will remain as a nonresident for three consecutive semesters but will be charged 150 percent of the CCD in-state tuition while enrolled in the WUE program. While enrolled in the WUE program, you do not qualify for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend (only in-state students (Colorado residents) qualify for the COF stipend).
- You may submit the WUE application with supporting documents every three semesters to stay enrolled in the WUE program.
- The WUE tuition rate will not apply towards CCCOnline or CCD online classes. WUE tuition only applies to CCD’s on-campus classes.
The WUE application must be completed in full and returned to the Office of Registration & Records by the earliest drop (census) date for your courses. The WUE application is only approved for one continuous year from the semester that the student applies for. A new WUE application needs to be submitted each year to continuously receive the WUE tuition rate.