What's Your Path?
All Community College of Denver programs and majors are organized into guided pathways, each with their own advising specialist:
- Arts, Humanities & Design
- Business & Public Administration
- Education & Teaching
- Health Sciences
- Industry, Manufacturing & Construction
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
In addition, we have enhanced our online and continuing education communities:
Advising at CCD is based around a one-student, one-advisor model, meaning you will ideally meet with one academic advisor throughout your entire academic career. Your advisor serves as a single point of contact for your advising questions, general concerns, campus resources, and success support. New and transfer students are assigned an advisor based on your declared program or major within two weeks after each semester begins.
Who Is My Advisor?
As an active part of your success team, the relationship you have with your academic advisor is critical to helping you choose the right major or program to align with your educational and career goals.
- You are assigned an academic advisor according to your declared program/major.
- You can also check DegreeWorks on CCD Connect to find your advisor.
- Not finding what you need? Contact the Academic Advising and Student Success Center, located in Confluence Building, room 123 or call 303.556.2481.
We are here for your success!
We want you to achieve your goals to graduate and/or transfer. Our office offers support programs to help you be successful at CCD in your academics, financial knowledge and personal wellness.
Learn more at CCD.edu/Student-Success!
Why Does CCD Utilize the Pathway Model?
As part of our Strategic Plan, the College set out to “re-envision internal relationships to maximize college assets and provide an environment for excellence.” We are excited about moving forward together in partnership with our campus community to deliver excellent advising services within our centralized, one-student, one-advisor framework.