Non-Credit Machining Classes Now Available
About the Classes
These classes are designed for people working in the machining industry who want or need to upgrade their machining skills, as well as hobbyists, and individuals looking for machining training in order to enter the industry but cannot attend full-time school or do not need a degree. These non-credit classes provide an on-the-job training environment with guidance and follow-up from an experience instructor. The classes will integrate safety training, blueprint reading and shop math.
Each class will give students 55 hours of class/lab time. Students will focus on work in the shop and creating parts to print under the guidance of an experienced instructor.
Students will need safety shoes and safety glasses and will be required to purchase the NIMS Precision Machining Technology textbook (2nd addition) and accompanying workbook. ISBN: 128544454X and ISBN10: 1285444558 respectively.
- Introduction to Machining (manual)
- Beginner Manual Mill & Manual Lathe Combined Class
All class times and dates are as follows:
- Tuesdays | 5:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Thursdays | 5:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Saturdays | 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*Please note: CCD will be closed for Spring Break for the week of March 21st through March 27th. No classes will be held that week.
Cost for classes per student as follows:
- Introduction to machining (manual) = $1,200 plus a $100 material fee
- Beginner manual mill and manual lathe combined class = $1,200 plus a $200 material fee
All classes are held at the Advanced Manufacturing Center located at 2570 31st Street, Denver CO 80216.