Strengthening Working Families Initiative Grant Offered to CCD Parents
This new grant, offered through CCD’s Foundational Skills Institute, is a four-year grant program.
The Strengthening Working Families Initiative provides assistance locating quality childcare and discussing funding options. A personalized coach helps with balancing life, work, and school, and planning for a satisfying career. Services are free to eligible students.
This program helps parents access certificates and careers in high-demand industries: Advanced Manufacturing, Healthcare, Information Technology.
|Food, Nutrition & Wellness||8||1|
Business Technology (Administrative Professional in General Business, Healthcare)
|Healthcare Administrative Professional||34||3|
|Computer Technology in Healthcare||25||2|
|Computer Services & Support||31||2-3|
|Machining (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced)||23-29||2-3|
|CNC Machine Tool Operator||41||3|
|Industrial Maintenance Technologies||41||3|
|Engineering Graphics (Basic, Intermediate)||29-44||1-3|
|Welding (All Levels)||17-29||1-3|
Architecture, Graphic Design
|Architectural Technologies (Basic, Intermediate)||27-43||2-4|
Veterinary Technology Assistant
|Veterinary Technology Assistant||16||1|
Industry Certifications | www.CCD.edu/BootupCamps
|CompTIA A+ Certification (may be applied toward CCD's IT Programs)||0||5 weeks|
Applying to the Program
All SWFI services are provided free of charge if you are accepted into the program.
- You are 17 years of age or older
- You are the custodial parent (legal guardian, foster parent, or other) of a child 13 years of age or younger
- You are eligible to work in the United States (must have a social security number), DACA accepted
- You are able to successfully complete the application and meet the readiness standards
- You plan to complete a certificate in one of the following high-demand, high-growth fields: healthcare, information technology, advanced manufacturing
Connect with Us
The Foundational Skills Institute will help you get enrolled in the program. They can help you find a qualified childcare provider, provide payment vouchers, and help you complete your CCD credential and get a job.
Contact Sierra Hutchinson, Achievement Coach.