Veterinary Technology Assistant
Apply Now Veterinary Technology Assistant application cycle is now closed. This program will re-open later this year. Questions? Please call 303.365.8300.
At CCD, we offer you two options to get started on this fast-growing field: the veterinary technician associate degree program and the veterinary technician assistant certificate program.
About the Certificate
The veterinary technology assistant certificate program provides training in veterinary health and handling of a variety of domestic and exotic species, with the focus on tasks for assisting the veterinary technician and veterinarians.
As a program graduate you will be able to perform tasks that include:
- Restrain and care for animals
- Assist with post-surgical nursing and care
- Assist in the laboratory
- Learn office procedures
Who Should Apply
- People who love animals
- Recent high school or GED graduates
- Those seeking a retraining opportunity
- Short-term training option for students without academic credentials who have an interest in veterinary medicine
- Career exploration with a limited investment of time and money
Tuition for the veterinary technology assistant program is $2,500. Other expenses to consider include books, which will cost about $200. Financial Aid is available to qualified students. Please apply for aid one semester prior to enrollment. For more information, contact Financial Aid and Scholarships at 303.556.2420.