The KEYS Scholarship is designed to assist displaced homemakers to become self-sufficient. A displaced homemaker is an individual who had been dependent on another household member’s income and who have lost that primary source of income.
The KEYS Scholarships aims
- to provide self-sufficiency and self-confidence,
- to encourage and reward academic excellence,
- to provide a financial support mechanism for displaced homemakers,
- to encourage success in achieving excellence in education,
- to assist with resume updating,
- to assist with overcoming barriers,
- to assist with a success plan
- to provide workshops on topics relevant to displaced homemakers,
- to provide funding that only covers tuition, books, supplies required for the course and listed on the syllabus.