Center for Workforce Initiatives
The Center for Workforce Initiatives (CWI) at Community College of Denver helps to connect employers, workers, students and other community partners to develop paths toward career advancement and sustainable employment within targeted industries. Through innovative programming, CWI helps CCD to meet the educational needs of working adults, including lower-income, and also assists our employer partners in developing a high-quality workforce.
Community & Campus Services
The Center for Workforce Initiatives provides the following services:
- Operates the Workforce Initiative Now (WIN) partnership with Regional Transportation District (RTD)—a construction and transportation focused community workforce program – Learn more about WIN.
- Designs and implements industry-focused workforce tools, career ladder resources, and customized training that support internal CCD departments and external community partners;
- Aligns with CCD’s Career and Transfer Center and the public workforce system to provide career navigation services to students and community members;
- Provides advisory guidance to CCD faculty and staff connecting to local career pathway services; and
- Provides consultation to support regional and national workforce development innovation that is demand-driven, career pathway focused, and highly collaborative.
CWI helps you build the skills to attain not just a job, but a career. We offer resources to connect you with middle skills jobs in high demand industries across metro Denver. Our community services include:
- Guidance on high-growth occupations and career pathway development
- General work skills or career search preparation
- Access to credit and non-credit training to support your technical skills development
- Supportive service and resource partners to help you understand and resolve potential barriers to successful employment or educational attainment
- Mentors and informal network opportunities to help you connect with employers in targeted industries
Nationwide, community colleges are expanding their roles in workforce development beyond simply offering individual certification programs—increasingly, community colleges are more likely to offer an integrated set of services for entry-level and experienced workers that connect high-quality training programs with employment access.
Our campus resources include:
- Labor market information to inform education, employment, and program development decisions
- Weekly Career Development/Career Readiness Workshops such as Resume and Cover letter Writing, LinkedIn Profile Development, and many more. View the full workshop schedule.
- Connections to local employers for career panels or class presentations to help students develop realistic work expectations
- Assistance in developing bridge programs to support individuals with education or workforce barriers seeking entrance to CCD certificate programs