Use this information to guide you in the tuition payment process. You can also stop in, call, or email our office with questions regarding deadlines, tuition payments, costs per credit hours, or help using the online cashier.
The State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education determines tuition, which is subject to change annually. Fees also can change.
Tuition rates and refund deadlines vary for Colorado Community College System’s (CCCOnline) online courses. Contact the Cashier’s Office at 303.556.2075 with questions about CCCOnline tuition and payments.
Rates are subject to change without notice.
|TUITION||COF STIPEND||YOUR SHARE|
|DENTAL HYGIENE||TUITION||COF STIPEND||YOUR SHARE|
|CCC \ CCDONLINE||TUITION||COF STIPEND||YOUR SHARE|
In order to start classes each semester at CCD, you must pay your tuition. Know what tuition payments you owe and when you owe it with this helpful guide. Learn more about the topic below.
Payment Deadlines & Penalties
- You must pay your tuition and fees ON or BEFORE the payment deadline stated on your registration.
- Your name will be dropped from your registered classes if you do not pay by the date listed.
- Once dropped, you must pay your tuition and fees in full when you reregister.
- You are not guaranteed placement when you reregister, and you cannot attend class until you finalize payment.
*Please see Fee Descriptions under Tuition Rates Per Credit Hour to learn more about mandatory fees the College charges Auraria Campus users each semester.
CCD accepts cash, MasterCard or Visa, and personal checks (please note: CCD has a $17 fee for bad checks). Students assume full responsibility for tuition, fees, and any other incurred debts.
Here are your easy payment options.
- Use the drop box at the Cashier's Office, Confluence, Room 119.
- Mail payment to:
Community College of Denver
Campus Box 700
P.0. Box 173363
Denver, CO 80217-3363
- Pay by credit card contact the Cashier’s Office at 303.556.2075.
- Or Pay Online (see below)
CCD accepts MasterCard or Visa. Students assume full responsibility for tuition, fees, and any other incurred debts.
- Once logged into the student portal, please select the Student Finance tab.
- Under the Payment Options section, select Pay with a Credit Card.
- Complete the online fields provided.
CCD Promissory Note
If you are registered in six or more credit hours and have no debt from a previous semester, you can defer a maximum amount of 50 percent of your tuition and fees.
- Once logged into the student portal click the title 'CCD Promissory Note' to begin.
Tuition Refund Policy
Students may receive a 100 percent refund of tuition and fees for any classes they dropped and for any classes the college canceled through the census date. The census date for standard classes is listed in the Schedule of Classes or in the Academic Calendar online. The census date for all classes can be found online through a students' CCD Connect account.
No refunds or financial credits are given after the census date or for courses concentrated into one week or less. Students receiving financial aid may have their aid adjusted and should check with the Financial Aid Office.
Students will receive all refunds through the HigherOne Refund process. All enrolled students 17-years old and older will be mailed a HigherOne Refund Card. Upon the receipt of the card, the student must activate their Refund Card and select their preferred method of payment. Students may select to have their refunds credited to their HigherOne Refund Card or may have their refunds credited to their existing bank account or may request a paper check.
All CCD Students Pay the Following Fees
Registration Fee | $12.55
The CCCS charges a mandatory $12.55 per semester registration fee to students at all 13 of its colleges.
Instructional Fees | $6.60
CCD charges a $6.60 per credit hour instructional program fee for high- and medium-cost classes. Other fees and charges may apply.
Students at the Auraria Campus pay set fees that offer a variety of services and programs. CCD satellite campuses pay all the same fees except the AHEC Bond Fee, RTD Pass, and AHEC Clean Air Fee. Online Students Pay only the Registration and Building Renovation Fees.
Auraria Bond Fee
$36.96 for 1-3 credits, $51.14 for 4-6 credits, $68.16 for 7-11 credits, $78.12 for 12 credits, or more Auraria Campus students voted to approve a fee to pay off the bonds that funded construction on the Tivoli Student Union, Auraria Early Learning Center, campus health physical education, and recreation facilities. The students of all three Auraria institutions pay this fee.
RTD Bus Pass Fee | $89.00 per term
The Auraria Student RTD Pass covers fares for local bus service in the Denver-metro area, Light Rail, and all Express or Express Regional services. With the pass, students get a $3.75 discount on all Sky-Ride routes. The pass is for special services like the BroncosRide, RockiesRide, Access-a-Ride, and Guaranteed Ride Home.
Student Activity Fee | $6.37 per credit hour
This fee supports CCD Student Life staff and programs, including New Student Orientation and First Year Experience, CCD Student Government, The Campus Connection student newspaper, Student Handbook publication, child care scholarships, lending library, food bank, recreational activities, student events, Tivoli Student Computer Lab, Auraria Student Health Center, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Student Services and the Phoenix Center at Auraria.
Auraria Higher Education Center Resource Library Fee | $4.57 per credit hour
This fee supports Auraria Library functions.
Clean Energy Fee | $5.00 per term
This student approved fee is for purchasing clean, renewable electrical power for the Auraria Campus.
Health Center Fee | $2.00 per credit hour
This fee supplements the provision of immunizations on campus for CCD Students.
Building/Renovation Fee | $8.00 per credit hour
This fee supports the construction of the Student Learning & Success Building and the renovation of South Classroom Building.
Please be aware that certain departments, majors, or classes may assess specific fees in order to offset associated costs, such as textbook fees, lab fees, or tool kit fees.
These fees are subject to change. A current list of these fees is Tuition Rates Per Credit Hour - Academic Year 2014-2015 (1-page PDF).
To help you meet all of your educational expenses, CCD offers a payment option using the FACTS Management Company. FACTS is a tuition management plan that provides you a no-interest method for paying college expenses.
- Automatic payments may be made from a checking or savings account or from a MasterCard or VISA credit card.
- The only cost for using the system is a $35 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee.
- Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the payment plan. This plan is a helpful way to cover your expenses for the year.
To enroll, connect to the e-Cashier website and follow the on-line enrollment process. Be sure to complete your name, address, budgeted amount, method of payment, and the payment schedule. A confirmation return e-mail will verify your enrollment.
- Easy online enrollment
- Monthly payment plan
- Flexible payment options
- No interest
- Automatic bank payment (ACH)
- Credit card/debit card
- Payments are processed on the fifth of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full
Cost to Participate
- $35 enrollment fee per semester (ACH & credit card)
- $30 returned payment fee if a payment is returned
- Please notify the Cashier’s Office immediately with any changes (i.e., increase/decrease in your tuition balance due to financial aid disbursements or changes add/drop to your class schedule)
- To affect any payment dates, school must receive changes no later than three (3) business days before the payment date.
- If your balance is paid in full directly to your institution, please notify the school's Cashiers Office immediately to terminate your payment plan to prevent any extra return payment fees.