Scholarship Kick-Off | Virtual Event
Apply early for the 2021-22 aid year and set yourself up for success by taking advantage of this virtual event!
- Apply for the CCD general scholarship
- Get the information and resources you need to start and perfect your essay
- Get help with your Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (2021-22)
Be sure to complete our exit survey for your chance to win 1 of two $250 scholarships
- Monday, November 16 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
SIGN-UP Deadline: November 12 | 5:00 p.m.
You need to have a completed FAFSA or CASFA on file to qualify for scholarships. Please use your 2019 taxes for you and your parents', if you are considered a dependent student to complete the form(s).
ASSET, DACA & Undocumented students are welcome.
Below are the essay prompts for the scholarship:
Pick only ONE of the following three prompts/questions. Then type (or copy & paste) a 400 to 600-word essay to respond to one of the following:
- Prompt #1: What makes you unique and deserving of a scholarship? Some students have a background, identity, interest or talent that is meaningful and sets them apart. If this sounds like you, please share your story and explain how a scholarship would benefit you.
- Prompt #2: Sometimes we face obstacles that can later lead to our growth or success. Explain a time when you faced a challenge, setback or failure. Explain how it affected you, what you learned, and how it will shape your college experience if you receive a scholarship.
- Prompt #3: Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and/or a new understanding of yourself and others. How will this affect you as a CCD student if you are chosen for a scholarship?
Remember, you are competing with other students for this scholarship. Take time to think about how to make the best impression on your reader who has to rely only on your essay to get to know you. You are special, so how does your essay show that? Be creative and give the reader/viewer reasons why they should give YOU a scholarship!
This scholarship application is open to all current and future CCD students, including eligible undocumented and DACA students.
This event does require registration. Please complete the following form to set up your meeting time preference.
If you have any questions, please contact the scholarship team at firstname.lastname@example.org