Get Your Taxes Done for Free | February 1- March 14
If you made $56,000 or less in 2019, you can get your taxes done for FREE from IRS-certified preparers and may be eligible for valuable tax credits for working families.
Stop by February 1 - March 14
- Wednesdays | 5 - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturdays | 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.*
*February 1st hours will be extended to 5:00 p.m. for a Taxathon
What to Bring
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member on your return
- Photo ID
- W-2s, 1099s and all other tax-related documents for 2019
- Self-employed/contractors: 1099-Misc, 1099-K and record of all income and expenses
- Education expenses: Account statement and 1098-T
- Childcare expenses: Total paid to childcare provider, name, address, phone number and Tax ID Number
- Charitable donations
- Form 1095-A if insurance was purchased through the health care market place
- Checking and savings account numbers and bank routing number if using direct deposit for your refund
- A copy of your 2018 tax return, if available
For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
If you prefer to file on your own, have access to a computer and make less than $66,000 a year, visit MyFreeTaxes.com to file online for free.
Tax Help Colorado offers free tax assistance at community colleges across the state. Their IRS-certified tax preparers are trained to ensure you don't miss out on the Earned Income Tax Credit, plus other credits to help working families, so you get the best refund possible and is a program of The Piton Foundation.