Faculty | Digital Storytelling Workshop | Feb 21
You are cordially invited to join us for Professional Development in Digital Storytelling
TLC is paying adjuncts to attend. If you have no idea what Digital Storytelling is about, feel free to take a look at Mark Broyles’ use of Digital Storytelling for History of Architecture and our featured videos. Watch this video from an instructor on her experience with Digital Storytelling's impact on our students.
Digital Storytelling Schedule
Boulder Creek Building, Room 104
- 9 - 9:30 a.m. | Introductions
- 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. | Watch example student and staff made videos
- 10 - 10:30 a.m. | Describe CCD’s current interest in DST
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. | Work on scripts. Prompt options:
- Describe a moment when you realized that you had a passion for something. How have you met this passion head-on? How does it drive you?
- Tell the story of how you overcame an obstacle. How did you devise a plan of action? Did you have to go it alone, or did you have others to help you? How did you feel after the fact?
- What does joy look like to you? Where and in what way do you find it (or does it find you)?
- What makes your heart pound?
- Describe your tribe. Who are your people? How do you define yourselves? What is the common purpose that holds you together? How do you fit into the world around you?
- Choose and bring a current assignment to translate from an essay to a video.
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. | Lunch on your own
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. | Story circle – read your script to a small group and receive feedback
- 1:30 - 2:00 p.m. | Audio recording exercise
- 2 - 2:30 p.m. | Video recording exercise
- 2:30 - 2:45 p.m. | Sign-up for WeVideo
- 2:45 - 3:00 p.m. | Close