Celebrating Diversity - Nominations for the 2017 CCD Diversity Award
Join us in nominating someone you know who embodies this culture by March 31st!
This annual award recognizes significant achievements of faculty and staff towards developing a more culturally diverse, competent, and inclusive campus community. Awardees will be recognized at the Employee Awards Celebration reception, have their names published in InsideCCD, the President's Newsletter, and their names will be added to the Diversity and Inclusion award plaque posted in a prominent location on campus.
The award would be given in recognition of projects or practices that best reflect the implementation of our campus diversity mission statement:
Nomination & Selection Process
Nominations are welcome from faculty and staff of the college community.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Significance: How does the activity the individual or unit engaged in address key areas of diversity such as recruitment, retention, campus or department climate, community outreach?
Implementation: How was the activity implemented? What strategies were used? What sources off funding were used to implement this project or activity? Projects or activities may be short-term or may have occurred over several years.
Impact: What has been the outcome? For example, has the activity
- Increased understanding or promoted constructive change on issues regarding diversity at CCD?
- Influenced the success of students, staff, or faculty of diverse cultural backgrounds?
- Helped to bridge the gap between the college and diverse communities?
- Helped to bring about greater equity in the college community?
These and/or other indicators of impact should be described in the nomination letter.
Nomination letters should
- Indicate the nominee’s category (refer to eligibility section above),
- Explicitly address the three criteria stated above,
- Be no longer than three pages, and
- Include the name and email address of nominee and nominator. Additional supporting materials may be included as appendices.
A committee will make selections based on this criteria.