CCD 2019 Commencement Ceremony
Celebrate Your Accomplishments
CCD's Commencement (Graduation) Ceremony celebrates the hard work and dedication of our students. It takes place once each year at the end of the spring term.
DU Magness Arena - 2240 East Buchtel Blvd.
Look for the gold-topped Williams Tower
Rehearsal: May 16, 10 - 11:30 a.m.
Note: Security bag checks will be conducted at the venue entrances for graduates and guests.
Read This Page Carefully
- This ceremony will include summer and fall 2018 graduates and spring 2019 graduation candidates.
- Summer 2019 graduation candidates with six (6) or fewer credits to complete in summer are welcome to participate in the spring 2019 Commencement Ceremony. Please note that this is not your official graduation and your name will not be printed in the commencement program.
- For spring and summer 2019 candidates, awards are made pending a final audit after grades post.
Learn more about the graduation process with the graduation checklist and review information about receiving your diploma.
Rehearsal is on Thursday beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Hamilton Gym at the DU Ritchie Center. All graduates participating in commencement are encouraged to attend. We will determine seating order, conduct a brief run-through of the program, show you how to play your part during the ceremony, and answer your questions. Free parking for rehearsal is available at DU in lot 108. Please enter at the north Ritchie Center Handicapped Entrance – lower level.
Regalia (Caps & Gowns)
Commencement caps and gowns match our school colors of purple with a purple and gold tassel. All graduates planning to participate in commencement are required to wear the traditional cap and gown, and will not be allowed to participate without these items.
Mini Grad Fair
A mini Grad Fair will be held in the Confluence Building Lobby on Monday, May 13th & 14th, where you may purchase caps, gowns and tassels.
Please check back in April for specific times for each day.
Approved Commencement Pins, Stoles & Tassels
Only commencement-committee-approved pins, stoles, and tassels are permitted. Graduates will be asked to remove any cords, stoles, pins, medals, or other adornments not sanctioned by the College. The following student groups are approved for cords, stoles or pins (contact your faculty advisor for information):
- BAS-Dental Hygiene Graduates - lilac-colored cords
- Concurrent Enrollment – white stoles with gold trim
- Dream.US - stoles
- Dreamers United - stoles
- Health Sciences - professional pins
- Honors Program – purple and gold cords
- LGBTQIA - rainbow stoles
- Medical Assisting Program – professional pin, silver cord for Class President
- National Society of Leadership and Success (Sigma Alpha Pi) - stoles
- Presidential Service Award – medallions
- Psi Beta - cords, stoles or medallions
- PTK – Phi Theta Kappa – gold stoles, cords and tassels
- Rising Star Award - medallions
- Student Government Association Officers - stoles
- TRIO - red stoles
- Urban Male Initiative (UMI) – black stoles or black cords
- Veterans - red, white, and blue cords
- WISE – cords
Class Rings & Announcements
For questions about announcements and class rings, contact the Tivoli Station at 303.556.4286.
Rings are available at the bookstore through class ring representatives during planned event times. Check the bookstore website for upcoming event dates. Graduation announcements will also be available at the bookstore.
Prior to the Ceremony Graduates must be in Hamilton Gym at the Ritchie Center by 6:00 p.m. for line up and last-minute instructions. Those who arrive after the processional line departs the gym or do not have their cap and gown will forfeit the opportunity to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
It is important to wear the proper attire under the academic regalia. Graduates should wear professional clothes such as slacks and shirt, or skirt and blouse. Please wear appropriate shoes as they show under the academic regalia.
Graduates, please set an example for your guests. To show respect for and to honor all our graduates, we ask participants to remain in their seats throughout the entire ceremony. Graduates will exit as a class to recessional music. Guests will exit after the recessional ends. Guests will not be allowed around the stage area during the ceremony.
Limited designated wheelchair parking space and seating for disabled guests will be available (see parking map link below). Designated handicapped parking is available for those with handicap placards.
Guests | Seating & Parking
Guest seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. CCD will not issue guest tickets. Select DU parking lots will be open beginning at 5 p.m. and are free of charge for attendees. Magness Arena will open at 5:30 p.m. For a parking map, please visit DU’s parking information page.
The DU Campus Light Rail Station is served by trains E and H – see RTD's schedule for route information.
A professional photographer will take photographs of you at commencement as you receive your diploma and as you return to your seat. Your family and friends may take photographs of you from their seats; they will not be allowed in the stage area. Approximately three weeks after commencement you will receive a link to view and order your photos from the professional photographer.
Stay a CityHawk after You Graduate
Don't forget to become a member of the CCD Alumni Association!