TEAS & ATI Critical Thinking Exams
About the Test
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) and ATI Critical Thinking Test are geared to nursing program applicants who may need to take depending on your institution's program requirements.
CCD students are required to schedule a TEAS and Critical Thinking appointment a minimum of 24 hours in advance. No exceptions will be made. If you do not have a testing appointment, you will not be able to take your exam.
- The CCD practical nursing program requires TEAS and ATI Critical Thinking test results prior to acceptance into the program. (Note: the integrated nursing program never required TEAS or ATI Critical thinking testing). Please seek advice from the Practical Nursing Program for more information on that program.
- You prepare for the TEAS test with preparation resources
- Distance Learners for the TEAS and Critical Thinking Exams, please visit the CCD Distance Learner’s page.
Format for the TEAS & ATI Critical Thinking
The TEAS computer-based, multiple-choice, timed test consisting of four sections. Calculators are not allowed during testing. Scratch paper and writing utensils will be provided. The Critical Thinking exams is a computer-based exam, multiple-choice, a timed test consisting of one section.
Please allow a total time of 4 1/2 hours for both TEAS and the ATI Critical Thinking exams.
- Reading: 42 Questions, 58 Minutes
- Mathematics: 30 Questions, 51 Minutes
- Science: 48 Questions, 66 Minutes
- English: 30 Questions, 34 Minutes
- The Critical Thinking exam is a separate test consisting of 40 questions in 40 minutes.
How to Schedule
- Candidate must create an account at ATI Testing website before testing.
- This is an appointment based exam. Please schedule your appointment 24 hours in advance.
A government-issued ID is required to take a test. Upon request, an additional form of identification must be shown.
- The fee for the TEAS test is $75
- The fee for the Critical Thinking test is $50
- All fees are payable during check-in at the CCD Testing Center
Results are available immediately after completion of the test and through each user’s account at ATI Testing’s website. Please consult your program for score interpretation.
Students may retake each test one time within a one-year period.
Distance Testing Specialist
P - 303.352.3087
F - 303.556.8027
Auraria Campus | Community College of Denver
800 Curtis St.
Denver CO, 80204
Confluence Building, Room 216
Parking will be validated if you park in the 7th street parking garage during the week, Monday -Thursdays (6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.) or Fridays (6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.). The 7th Street Garage is located at Lawrence Way and 7th Street: $7.00 daily flat rate.