Learning More About Us
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention
- Information on preventing drug and alcohol abuse
- Standards of conduct for students
- Potential Sanctions for students
- Standards of conduct for employees | Employees are expected to follow the relevant standards including our Drug Use and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program and SBOCCE policies and procedures
- Potential Sanctions for employees
- Drug and alcohol counseling, treatment, or rehabilitation programs available
- Health risks of drug and alcohol abuse
- How Financial Aid is Determined
- Rights and Responsibilities of Students under Title IV
- Rights and Responsibilities of CCD under Title IV
- What is the Master Promissory Note
- Repayment Obligation and Range of Repayments
- Consequences of Not Paying (Default)
- Effect of Loans on other Forms of Student Financial Assistance
- All about Interest (capitalization and accrual)(unsubsidized loans)
- Half Time Enrollment Requirements
- Withdrawal - how and why you need to report
- Accessing your Financial Records
- Who to contact about your rights and responsibilities
- Your maximum eligibility and keeping your eligibility
- CCD's Code of Conduct in Regards to Student Loans
- Demographics of Who Receives Pell Grants
- Listing of all Financial Aid Options for CCD students (disaggregated by need and not needs-based)
- Terms and Conditions of Loans
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Criteria CCD uses to choose recipients and the amount of award
- Satisfactory Progress and its relation to Financial Aid
- How to regain financial aid when you have not made SAP
- How financial aid is dispersed to students
- Terms and conditions of work study
- Terms of loans and a sample repayment agreement
- Exit counseling information
- Cost of attendance including tuition and fees
- Estimates on the cost of textbooks, supplies, housing
- Refund policies
- Net Price Calculator
- Financial aid for books and supplies
Protecting Your Private Educational Information
- Your right to review your educational records
- Your right to ask to correct errors in your educational records
- How to consent to have our records released to another school or person
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act says that directory information is not private. What is directory information? Directory Information is information that may be released without student consent. This includes:
- Major/Field of Study
- Participation in Activities/Sports
- Dates of Attendance
- Degrees/Certificates Awarded
- Institution Attended Most Recently
- Enrollment Status
- Height – Only if a student-athlete
- Weight – Only if a student-athlete
- HS – Only if a student-athlete
Neither CCCS, its Colleges, nor any entity designated as a College official, will release Directory Information to any financial institution requesting data for credit card marketing purposes, nor to any database service, data aggregator, or requestor who maintains a list for the sole purpose of selling data for profit and/or marketing purposes.
I am concerned about my privacy rights. Who shall I contact? Registrar, Director of Registration and Records, Ana Rodriguez
- Crime Statistics
- How to Report a Crime: Our Auraria campus police force takes safety seriously and crimes can even be reported anonymously if necessary. The department provides a text-a-tip process (at 720.593.8477) for quicker reporting, as well as emergency towers and call button phones throughout the campus.
- Keeping You and the Campus Secure: Our Auraria police department has a number of videos and other resources to keep you safe on campus.
- Campus Law Enforcement | As part of a tri-institutional campus, Community College of Denver used the dedicated full-service police department of our joint Auraria Higher Education Center.
- Report stalking, harassment, dating violence, and sexual assault | CCD has a coordinator who oversees all discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct complaints and a process for reporting such violations
- Prevention of stalking, harassment, dating violence, and sexual assault | As part of a tri-institutional campus, CCD partners with the Phoenix Center to provide timely prevention training around the areas of stalking, harassment, dating violence, and sexual assault. You can also read our Annual Security Report for more information.
- Confidentiality in Reporting |
- Counseling Options | CCD offers several counseling options including our Counseling Center and Auraria Phoenix Center.
- Emergency and Evacuation Procedures are made available on the web and in our classrooms.
- Crime Logs | As part of a tri-institutional campus, our crime logs are housed within our campus joint police department, AHEC Police Crime Logs.
- Timely Warnings | As part of a tri-institutional campus, our timely warning system is jointly operated by the Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC). AHEC provides the definition and procedure for time warnings. As a member of our community, students and staff are automatically opted into this text and email system.
Students with Disabilities
Visit the Accessibility Center to learn more about the services we provide for CCD students with disabilities.
Campus Safety & Right to Know
Rights & Legal Notices
Freedom of Expression
CCD believes you are guaranteed the freedom of speech and expression that are outlined in the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States. You are encouraged to read the following policies surrounding speech/ expression issues at CCCS.edu.