In September 1967, House Bill 1449 was signed into law, creating the Community College of Denver System. By the fall of 1968, CCD North Campus had opened for classes at 62nd and Downing. CCD opened a downtown campus in 1970 in a former Lincoln-Mercury Auto Showroom at 12th and Acoma in the golden triangle area and later expanded into a second building at 12th and Broadway. In 1976, CCD moved into South Classroom on the newly built Auraria Campus.
Today, CCD is the only community college in the city and county of Denver and is surrounded by history, arts, sports, and culture. Over the years, we’ve grown: expanding our degree offerings and transfer agreements, expanding our neighborhood on the Auraria campus and branching into surrounding areas, expanding the numbers of students who graduate with a life-changing certificate or degree. We remain committed to continuing to serve our community as we have for the past 50 years.
We would like to say a heartfelt 'Thank You!' to our generous sponsors.
We want to recognize the hard work of all the committee members who helped us plan the year.