Transfer Services

Are you considering transferring from CCD to another university or college? We can help!

Our office helps you learn about transfer options and supports you as you develop your transfer plan. The process is not as complicated as you think and we’ve outlined the steps for you.

We suggest you start planning during your first semester at CCD. Our purpose is to increase the total number of students completing an associate degree and obtaining a bachelor’s degree. We offer many services to help you transfer to a two- or four-year college — from what courses to take, to finding and visiting your top choice schools, to filling out the right paperwork. We’re here to help.

Start Here for Transfer Information

At CCD, we offer Guaranteed Transfer with various transfer agreements between two- and four-year schools both in and out of the state of Colorado. Utilize the TSC’s services to learn how these transfer agreements will protect your college-level credits.

Degrees with Designation (DWD)

Degrees with Designation are offered across Colorado to ensure credit protection of the 60 credits included in most associate degrees. By completing an Associate of Art (A.A.) degree or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in one of the following DWD, you are guaranteeing that all 60 credits will transfer to an in-state public four-year and enter with junior standing.

DWD Offered at CCD - Transfer Degrees

  • Anthropology Designation A.A.
  • Business Designation A.A.
  • Communication Designation A.A.
  • Criminal Justice Designation A.A.
  • Economics Designation A.A.
  • French Designation A.A.
  • Geology A.A.
  • History Designation A.A.
  • Mathematics Designation A.S.
  • Political Science Designation A.A.
  • Psychology Designation A.A.
  • Psychology Designation A.S.
  • Sociology Designation A.A.
  • Spanish Designation A.A.

Other Transfer Agreements Offered at CCD

  • Computer Information Systems A.A.S.
  • Early Childhood Education A.A. (Transfer Degree)
  • Elementary Education A.A. (Transfer Degree)
  • Engineering Transfer Agreement
  • Environmental Science A.S.
  • Human Services A.A.S.
  • Integrated Nursing Pathway
  • Paralegal A.A.S.
  • Radiation Technology A.A.S.
  • Regis University’s 90+30 (3+1 Transfer Program)

Colorado Community College System (CCCS)

Did you know that CCD is just one of 13 community colleges in Colorado? Go to the CCCS website to learn more about the system-wide transfer agreements available.

Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE)

CDHE is responsible for putting together Guaranteed Transfer and Guided Pathways. Visit their website to gather their information on general education curriculum that forms the core of most bachelor’s degrees and is guaranteed to transfer between all public colleges and universities. 

When you’re ready to begin the process of transferring to a four-year college or university, there are many options available. You can attend in-state, out-of-state, or enroll in online courses. Some options are listed, but remember there are more options available. Contact our office if you don’t see what you want.

Plan early and make sure your transfer school of choice has out-of-state scholarships for transfer students to help pay out-of-state tuition and fees. Contact us and we can help you locate the right fit for you. Here are some resources to get you started.

Western Undergraduate Exchange Program

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is coordinated by Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). WUE is a regional tuition-reciprocity agreement that enables students from WICHE states to enroll in more than 150 participating two- and four-year public institutions at 150 percent of the enrolling institution’s resident tuition.

Participating WUE States

Alaska  Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Nevada South Dakota
Arizona Hawaii New Mexico Utah
California Idaho North Dakota Washington
Colorado Montana Oregon Wyoming



Advising & Planning

If you are considering transferring to a two- or four-year college or university and want to make sure your credits will transfer, meet one-on-one with a transfer specialist in our office. We will help you navigate your journey to any college in the nation.

Talk & Tour Campus Visits

Whether you are considering an in- or out-of-state transfer, we have information that can help. The TSC also hosts Talk & Tours of in-state campuses in and around Denver including, Fort Lewis College, University of Northern Colorado, and University of Colorado-Colorado Springs, and Colorado School of Mines. Talk and Tours are a great opportunity to experience other campus environments and meet with different university departments. CCD provides FREE transportation and meals. To sign up, stop by the TSC.

Transfer Fairs

Meet 30 plus colleges and universities from across the nation in one place. These colleges and universities want you to learn about their academic programs and transfer scholarships.

Transfer Week

Join CCD as we celebrate transfer. Learn why transferring is desirable as a pathway to reaching your life goals.

College Admissions & Scholarship Support

The TSC is also here to help you make heads or tails of the transfer requirements for your future school. Learn about the requirements and deadlines for the admission and scholarship processes. Need help writing an essay for a scholarship or admission application, or are you concerned about how to pay for school and how to apply? Come and see us; we have the right tools to help you, including information about transfer scholarships.

Peer Mentoring

Considering transferring but aren’t sure if it’s for you? Meet with a former CCD student who completed an Associate Degree and transferred to a two- or four-year program. Their perspective and experience may help you make the right decision for you.

Transfer Sessions

Through these sessions, you can gain the knowledge you need to be successful at CCD and plan for your transfer process. For more information on any services we offer, please contact us.

Transfer Forms, Documents & Resources

Here are some helpful forms and documents to help your transfer be as smooth and successful as possible: