Excel! Zone Tutoring Changes
Community College of Denver’s (CCD) EXCEL! Tutoring Zone has narrowed its focus to meet your needs in Math & Physics, Writing (Writing & ESL) and the Digital Zone (Digital Storytelling & Technology Literacy), and Academic Coaching.
What does this mean?
The Excel! Zone will continue to offer remote tutoring services for Math & Physics, Writing, and Digital Zone, and Academic Coaching for all campus locations. For fall 2020, all CCD students can continue to use EXCEL! tutoring via remote delivery along with CCD’s online tutor vendor Brainfuse available for specific course tutoring.
EXCEL! tutoring is located on the 4th floor of the Confluence building (CNF). All tutoring continues to be offered via remote delivery. However, this fall the CNF 4th floor computer zone is open for general study use Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Friday 10:00 – 3:00 p.m. MST. This means there is access to complete and print assignments, gain navigational support of D2L, MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Please keep in mind due to social distancing guidelines there are 6 computers available for one or two hours at a time and bring your own headset if you need to use one.
- Tutoring Appointment Update: This fall EXCEL! tutors will continue to serve CCD students at all locations via the WebEx platform. The appointment scheduling system has been updated to allow you to set up a self-service appointment request via the Accudemia platform. To make online tutoring appointments with EXCEL! tutors, please continue to CCD.edu/Excel for information on how to schedule your appointments. EXCEL! tutoring is now available and ends Friday, December 4, 2020, for the fall semester.
- New! EXCEL has launched a writing assignment drop-off in D2L. The Writing Zone Paper Drop-off will be available via the self-registered, optional D2L site “EXCEL Writing Zone Paper Drop-Off” and replaces the Brainfuse writing drop-off tool and is not a requirement to use. You will be able to use the Writing Zone Paper Drop-off to receive focused feedback on submissions averaging 3-5 pages in length.
- Digital Zone Technology Support: Digital Zone support for technological literacy remains an important academic resource for various user levels. Support services include D2L navigation, CCD email how-to, training in MS Office suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint), WebEx, and Digital Storytelling.
If you have questions about the EXCEL Zone, contact: Sofia Hernandez | EXCEL! Administrative Assistant
Did You Know?
CCD offers computer and print stations at these locations:
- Confluence Building, 2nd floor - Print & Go
- Cherry Creek Building, 1st floor at the Welcome Center – Print & Go