CCD Students - You May be Eligible for 2 Months of Free Internet From Comcast
As our country continues to manage impacts of COVID-19, Comcast understands its vital role in providing internet service to millions to stay connected – to their families, their workplaces, and their schools. As CCD and the rest of the CCCS system move toward remote learning and teaching, Comcast is expanding its Internet Essentials program.
What is the Internet Essentials Program?
Comcast Internet Essentials is a comprehensive broadband internet program for low-income Americans. Since 2011, it has connected millions of individuals to the Internet. This program is adjusting to meet the needs of low-income residents during this time by:
- Offering new customers 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service (normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month).
- Increasing internet speed for all Internet Essentials services from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers.
Do I Qualify?
CCD students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled in a two-year community college.
- Must verify that they are a recipient of public assistance. Visit the FAQs page to learn more.
- Must live in an area where Comcast Internet Essentials service is available but not have subscribed to it within the last 90 days.
- Must not have outstanding debt to Comcast incurred within the last year. Individuals with outstanding debt more than a year old may still be eligible.
In addition, eligible customers can purchase a refurbished desktop or laptop computer for $150 (plus tax and shipping costs).
To learn more, visit internetessentials.com.