Scholarship Newsletter - May 2019
In This Issue
- Private Scholarships
- Updates & Announcements
- Helpful Financial Aid & Scholarship Tips
- Scholarship Walk-In Hours
- Award Amount: $500
- Deadline: March 20, 2020
- Award Amount: $2,500
- Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Award Amount: $5,000 to six students
- Deadline: August 16, 2019
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: December 31, 2019
- Award Amount: $2,000 to three students
- Deadline: December 15, 2019
Updates & Announcements
Although our priority deadline for scholarships for 2019-2020 has passed, it is not too late to apply for scholarships. Apply at CCD.edu/Scholarships. Need Scholarship Assistance? Attend our open hours each week.
Auraria Campus 2nd Annual Dreamer Graduation
This is an annual tri-institutional event that is dedicated to honoring our graduating DREAMers. This event took place Saturday, April 27th at St. Catejan’s on the Auraria Campus. CCD is proud to announce that we had 22 graduates this year.
The Scholarship Team would like to wish you all the best of luck as you continue your life’s journey.
Assistance League of Denver Luncheon
Nancy Tomb, Andrea (Ivonne) Kossik, and Galen Stevenson attending the Assistance League Denver (ALD) Luncheon on April 11th. Galen is an ALD scholar who will be graduating in May and attending Colorado School of Mines in the fall of 2019. Best of luck to you Galen as you move forward into the next phase of your education.
Money Smarts Workshops
Financial Aid 101
May 22, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. | Presented by Shawn Jackson in Cherry Creek Building, Room 136
Learn the process of receiving financial aid, from completing your FAFSA to getting your refund and everything in between. Explore scholarships and other options for paying for college.
May 21, 9 - 10:00 a.m | Presented by the Office of Financial Aid
Have you lost your financial aid due to your academic progress?
Not quite sure what Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is? Plan on attending this workshop to learn what SAP is and how to properly complete your appeal in hopes of regaining your eligibility to receive financial aid. Don’t risk putting the rest of your education in jeopardy by passing up on this expert advice.
Any student who has a requirement of ‘ApealX’ on the financial aid requirements tab of CCDConnect is encouraged to attend this free workshop. Call 303.352.6964 to reserve a seat or by visiting the Academic Advising and Student Success Center in Cherry Creek Building, room 141.
Helpful Financial Aid & Scholarship Tips
Important Financial Aid Information to Think About before the End of the School Year
As the school year ends all we are thinking about is that summer sun and blue skies. However, let us not forget that the new academic year will be approaching before we know it. Here are some things to remember to do before you let off some steam.
- Verification - You have your FAFSA completed but that is only the beginning. Check with your school to see if you have been chosen to provide additional documentation in order to complete your financial aid file and be ready to receive your awards for the upcoming aid year with no surprises after the summer ends.
- Double Check Dates & Deadlines - Whether it is for scholarships or first- come, first- served the state or institutional funding there could be items that need to be completed well before the start of the summer. Always check with your school, as dates will vary from institution to institution.
- Register for Classes - This will ensure that you get the classes you need and are not scrambling last minute. This will avoid stress and the need to compensate for something that you really do not need just to fill your schedule.
Scholarship Walk-in Hours
EVERY Wednesday, 12:30 - 4:30 p.m. | Confluence Building, Room 118
Please click on the following link for more details including essay help times: Scholarship Help
Community College of Denver
Confluence Building, Suite 120
800 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80204