Scholarship Newsletter - June 2017
To all our CCD Graduates, we salute you! Best wishes on your next journey in life!
~ CCD Scholarship Team
In This Issue
- Private Scholarships
- Helpful Links
- Featured Scholarship of the Month - Women With A Cause
- Helpful Tips
- Announcements & Updates
- Amount - $1,000
- Deadline: December 15th, 2017
- Amount -$1,000
- Deadline: November 1st, 2017
- Amount- $2,500
- Deadline: November 30th, 2017
Go Green Scholarship
- Amount- $1,000
- Deadline: December 31st, 2017
- Amount - $2,000
- Deadline: December 31st, 2017
- 3 awards totaling $4,000
- Deadline: July 1st, 2017
- Amount - $5,000
- Deadline: September 28th, 2017
Helpful Links & Apps That Can Help Improve Your College Experience
- Top 10 Most Innovative Apps for College Students
- 10 Of The Biggest Scholarships In The World
- Scholarship and Financial Aid Info for Minorities
Featured Scholarship of the Month
Women with a Cause is dedicated to helping single mothers and women veterans in need of breaking the cycle of poverty. It empowers and embraces women towards self-sufficiency through education and training. Funding includes help with up to $5,000 per year in tuition and fees as well as
- $480 towards an RTD yearly bus pass,
- $250 towards textbooks for one semester of nursing school,
- $100 will supplement a family’s childcare expenses, and
- $50 will supplement a family’s income.
Ways to Help You Get through College with as Little Debt as Possible
- Earn College Credit through high school – Not only are you able to potentially graduate college early but it will cost you less. If you’re still in high school ask your counselor about programs such as Concurrent Enrollment, AP Courses or Dual Credit Courses.
- Scholarships - This is the best way and should be your first stop when looking for ways to pay for school. Apply for as many scholarships as possible, both on the local and national level.
- Complete your first year or two at a community college- Most of the freshmen and sophomore classes you will take at a four-year institution are all the same courses you will take at a community college. Not only will your class size most likely be smaller, but four-year colleges are often twice the cost. Attend college for half the cost and gain a better interaction with your professor and classmates at CCD.
Announcements & Updates
Welcome to the beginning of the summer 2017 semester. If you have not filled out your 17-18 scholarship application, you still have time to do so! Please visit CCD.edu/Scholarships to get started.
We are now accepting applications for:
- Assistance League of Denver - Application Deadline is July 1st
- Boundless Opportunity Scholarship - Applications will start being reviewed in July
We have had the opportunity to showcase some wonderful CCD students. If you would like to be on our cover or know someone who does, let us know!
Connect with Us
Scholarship Walk-in Hours
EVERY Wednesday in Confluence Building, Room 118
Application & Search Help - 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Essay Help - 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Scholarships@ccd.edu | 303.556.5503
Community College of Denver, Confluence Building, Suite 120
800 Curtis Street, Denver, CO 80204