Scholarship Newsletter - July 2017
Hector Hernandez with his new baby. Hector is a CCD Student, Boundless Opportunity Scholarship Recipient and Marine Veteran.
CCD is proud to have you as a student and we thank you for your service!!
In This Issue
- Private Scholarships
- Scholarship Search Engines to Explore
- Featured Scholarship of the Month - Women With A Cause
- Helpful Tips - How to make a scholarship donor want to give you the money!
BTE Financial Scholarship Fund
- Amount - $500
- Deadline: December 15, 2017
- Amount - $500
- Deadline: December 1, 2017
- Amount - $2,500
- Deadline: July 31, 2017
- Amount - $1,000
- Deadline: November 30, 2017
Scholarship Search Engines to Explore
We are now accepting applications for:
- The Child Care Scholarship
- Health Science
We have had the opportunity to showcase some wonderful CCD students. If you would like to be on our cover or know someone who does, let us know!
If you are interested in Work-Study starting this fall semester join us for the Work-Study Job Fair.
Financial Literacy Workshops are now underway! Please remember that if you are a recipient of a CCD institutional scholarship, you must attend a Student Success Workshop to complete the requirements of our contract. To attend a workshop, contact the Resource Center at 303.352.6964.
Featured Scholarship of the Month
Women with a Cause is dedicated to helping single mothers and women veterans in need of breaking the cycle of poverty. Empowers and embraces women towards self-sufficiency through education and training. Finding includes Help with up to $5,000 per year in tuition and fees and other things, which include:
- $480 towards an RTD yearly bus pass
- $250 towards textbooks for one semester of nursing school
- $100 will supplement a family’s childcare expenses
- $50 will supplement a family’s income
Helpful Scholarship Tips-How to make a scholarship donor want to give you the money!
- Follow Directions - Provide everything that is being asked of you for the application, but don’t supply things that are not requested- it could disqualify you!
- Neatness and Preciseness Counts - Always type your application but if you must print, do so nicely and legibly.
- Make a Strong Impression with Your Essay - Where have you been, where are you now and where would you like to go! Experiences can be monumental if you present honestly how you were effected. Concrete details will help make your experience come alive for the reviewer.
- Complete The Application in Full - If there is a question on the application that does not apply to you don’t leave it blank, instead note that on the application.
Connect with Us
Scholarship Walk-in Hours
EVERY Wednesday in Confluence Room 118
Application & Search Help - 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Essay Help - 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Scholarships@ccd.edu | 303.556.5503
Community College of Denver, Confluence Building, Suite 120
800 Curtis Street, Denver, CO 80204