Scholarship Newsletter - January 2018
"Education has become the most important part of my life, thanks to Community College of Denver. CCD’s scholarships not only help with my financial need but give me the confidence to be the best student I can be. Big thanks to the scholarship team for the constant encouragement and guidance to achieve my goals."
~ Molly Hayden, Associate of Arts in Communications
In This Issue
- Amount: $3,000
- Deadline: June 30th, 2018
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: April 20th, 2018
- Amount: $3,000
- Deadline: September 15th, 2018
- Deadline: July 31st, 2018
- Deadline: April 30th, 2018
- Amount - Total: $10,000 to top 3 students
- Deadline: December 15th, 2018
This conference is 100 percent student organized and led. It's a day to build long-lasting network connections, expand leadership with and for immigrant youth, and resource with college/university students and professionals nationwide.
This conference is for DREAMer students to meet like-minded leaders and learn from the unique challenges we all face on our campuses. What is working for one campus might work for another!
Scholarship Application Available
The 2018-2019 CCD scholarship application is now open! Remember that the priority deadline is April 15th to be considered for the first round of scholarships. CCD is currently accepting applications for the following scholarships:
- Housing Scholarship: Deadline February 2nd
- Childcare Scholarship: Deadline February 2nd
The 2018-2019 FAFSA is now available and you are encouraged to apply early for first-come, first-served funding. Visit FAFSA.gov to get started!
The DREAM.US Scholarship application is now open for the upcoming 2018- 2019 academic year! CCD invites you to contact us at Scholarships@ccd.edu or attend our current walk-in hours every Wednesday: 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in Confluence Building, Room 118. This scholarship will pay up to $29,000 in tuition and fees up to a bachelor’s degree and is geared towards students who are DACA, TPS and undocumented students.
Are you frustrated over private scholarship searches? Here are some tips to keep you applying!
- Don’t give up! If you have applied for multiple scholarships and haven’t won yet, don’t take it personally. Like most situations in life, you are going to be most successful if you keep trying. It is helpful to find scholarships that you are passionate about and keep applying.
- Make your essay a live document. Continuing to improve the quality of your essay will help it stand out. Edit and customize it for different scholarships. You will get the hang of what donors love to see.
- Get Personal. Focus on applying for scholarships that fit your interests. There are scholarships for every type of person and interest you could imagine, such as zombie lovers, vegans and even being left-handed. The more personal the scholarship is to you, your interests or personality, the better submission you will have.
Scholarship Walk-In Hours
Scholarship Walk-In Hours are held every Wednesday in Confluence Building, Room 118.
- Application and Search Help | 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Essay Help | 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.