Scholarship Newsletter - February 2019
Pictured above: CCD students recruiting at the work-study job fair. The trophy in the middle is the CCD Champion trophy that goes around campus. These students are student ambassadors and the Welcome Center who received the award this past month.
In This Issue
- Award Amount: 20 - $5,000 awards
- Deadline: May 24, 2019
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: June 2019
- Award Amount: Earn $10,000 for tuition and $2,000 for books
- Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Award Amount: 1st place - $1,500; 2nd place - $1,000; 3rd place - $500
- Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Award Amount: 2 - $1,000 to U.S. and International Students
- Deadline: July 1, 2019
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: April 15, 2019
Updates & Announcements
DREAMer Scholarship Deadline
General Scholarship Application Deadline
New Scholarship Essay Requirements:
Please type (or copy & paste) a 400-600 word essay. Pick only one of the following three prompts/questions:
- Prompt #1: What makes you unique and deserving of a scholarship? Some students have a background, identity, interest or talent that is meaningful and sets them apart. If this sounds like you, please share your story and explain how a scholarship would benefit you.
- Prompt #2: Sometimes we face obstacles that can later lead to our growth or success. Explain a time when you faced a challenge, setback or failure. Explain how it affected you, what you learned, and how it will shape your college experience if you receive a scholarship
- Prompt #3: Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and/or a new understanding of yourself and others. How will this affect you as a CCD student if you are chosen for a scholarship?
Money Smarts Workshops
Private Scholarship Search
February 13, 2019, 9 - 10:00 a.m. | Cherry Creek Building, Room 136
This workshop focuses on tips and strategies for searching and applying for private scholarships. Learn about the different application process for some third party scholarships and great ways to make submitting your essay a breeze.
Student Academic Progress (SAP) Workshops
February 15, 2019, 10 - 11:00 a.m. | Cherry Creek Building, Room 132
Have you lost your financial aid due to your academic progress? Not quite sure what Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is? Plan on attending this workshop to receive an education on what SAP is and how to properly complete your appeal in hopes of regaining your eligibility to receive financial aid. Don’t risk putting the rest of your education in jeopardy by passing up on this expert advice.
Any student who has a requirement of ‘ApealX’ on the financial aid requirements tab of CCDConnect is encouraged to attend this free workshop. Call 303.352.6964 to reserve a seat or by visiting the Academic Advising and Student Success Center in Cherry Creek Building, room 141.
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to College
February 20, 2019, 10 - 11:00 a.m. | Cherry Creek Building, Room 136
Learn how to live like a student with ease in this workshop. Go over money saving tips and get info on how to stretch that dollar to make college living a little bit easier.
Financial Aid 101
February 27, 2019, 9 - 10:00 a.m. | Cherry Creek Building, Room 136
Learn the financial aid process, from completing your FAFSA to getting your refund and everything in between. Explore scholarships and other options for paying for college.
Scholarship Walk-In Hours Every Wednesday
12:30 - 4:30 p.m. | Confluence Building, Room 118
Get help searching for & applying for scholarships. Open to Colorado Residents, DADA, ASSET & Undocumented Students!
Contact Us: Scholarships@ccd.edu | 303.556.5503
Scholarship Essay Writing Help
Get help writing an essay or polishing one that has already been written.
Confluence Building, 4th Floor
Mondays & Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Fridays, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Walk-in or by appointment