Scholarship Newsletter - February 2018
“I’m currently majoring in philosophy with the intention of pursuing a PhD in law. With the skills I hope to acquire in law, I want to immerse myself in the service of human rights both on the national level as well as globally.” ~ Ismael Mamdu, Associate of Arts with an emphasis in Philosophy, Scholarship Recipient, and UMI Participant.
Recipient of the CCD Community Scholarship and Kingdom Enlightenment Scholarship, Ismael is a peer mentor for the Urban Male Initiative (UMI) program, where he helps students succeed in higher education by building community, providing mentorship and resources to help students navigate their own journey.
In This Issue
- Amount: $2,500
- Deadline: March 31 & June 30 & September 31, 2018
- Amount: $500 to $5,000
- Deadline: March 30, 2018
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Amounts vary depending on the scholarship
- Deadlines: Vary
Black History Month
CCD is proudly celebrating Black History Month by hosting several events.
Art it Up | February 28, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Confluence Assembly Rooms
Sip and paint with local artists while being surrounded by an eclectic array of art created by Denver artists. View historical art collections that have inspired and transformed the current art community.
Here are some pictures from the Black History Month Kick-Off on February 1st:
This scholarship app can be downloaded on an iPhone or Android. The app alerts undocumented students of upcoming application deadlines for awards for which you may qualify.
DREAMers United is a club for those who want to make a difference in the lives of our students. The group meets most Thursdays in the Confluence building, room 118 from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend! Visit our events calendar for upcoming meeting dates for the spring semester.
FAFSA & CCD Scholarships Priority Deadline
Priority deadline for FAFSA and CCD scholarships is April 15th. Meeting this deadline means potentially qualifying for first-come, first-served aid to help pay for college. Our amazing Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) staff is available at the Financial Aid Office every day of the week to help students complete the FAFSA. Visit Financial Aid for more details.
Scholarship Tips - Mistakes That Could Cost You a scholarship!
- Did you follow directions? Donors look for students who know how to follow the directions on the application.
- Applying for the wrong scholarship: Did you read the requirements to make sure you qualify for the scholarship? Some of the qualifications that might be required include GPA, an area of interest, or heritage.
- De-personalizing your application and/or your essay: All scholarships ask about your academics such as GPA, activities and your future goals. Be sure to add a personal touch to your answers. Tell the donor about your personal experiences when you answer their questions. How did it feel when you got that A+ or when you helped that group, etc.?
Scholarship Walk-In Hours
Scholarship Walk-In Hours | Every Wednesday in Confluence Building, Room 118
- Application and Search Help | 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Essay Help | 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.