Scholarship Newsletter - December 2017
Marcos is a recipient of the Boundless Opportunity Scholarship for the 2017-2018 aid year. Marcos was born in Mexico and raised in Denver, Colorado. He is a United States Marine who served our country for eight years and was deployed in Afghanistan. He has been out of the Military for 18 months and has been a full-time student working on his associate degree, which he will complete in the spring 2018 semester with a 3.7 GPA. Marcos is also a student employee in our Veteran’s Office. His educational goals include transferring to a four-year university to complete a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice and one day becoming a police officer or firefighter in the community where he grew up.
In This Issue
- Amount - $1,000
- Deadline: August 31st, 2018
- Amount - $1,500
- Deadline: May 31st, 2018
- Amount - $2,500
- Deadline: May 2nd, 2018
The 2018-2019 CCD Scholarship Application will be available January 1st!
Remember that the priority deadline is April 15th to be considered for the first round of scholarships.
CCD is currently accepting applications for the following scholarships:
- Housing Scholarship: Deadline February 2nd, 2018
- Childcare Scholarship: Deadline February 2nd, 2018
The 2018-2019 FAFSA is now available and you are encouraged to apply early for first-come, first-served funding.
Visit https://fafsa.gov to get started!
Last month we celebrated Veteran’s Day.
Here are some pictures from the event.
Visit the scholarship page for a list of scholarships and resources especially for you!
The Dream.US scholarship application is now open for the upcoming 2018- 2019 academic year! CCD invites all those interested and would like more information to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or attend our current walk-in hours every Wednesday from 12:30 - 4:30 p.m. in Confluence Building, Room 118. This scholarship will pay up to $29,000 in tuition and fees, up to a bachelor’s degree level, and is geared towards students who are DACA, TPS and Undocumented.
Scholarship Tips-Current College Students
Students often think scholarships are only available to new students who applied prior to the fall semester and are not yet enrolled. In truth, scholarships are available throughout the entire year. Here are some tips to find some of these funds.
- Visit the scholarship office at your school to see what opportunities are currently available. They can also give you advice on where to find private scholarships that are open throughout the semester.
- Searching online is a good idea throughout the entire year. The same search engine you set up at the beginning of the year can be used at any time.
- Applying for scholarships year round will give you the opportunity to save money to use for the following semester or to help with your current living expenses. This will help you avoid as much student loan debt as possible. It may be four years from now when you make your first loan payment and you will be grateful for any amount of money you do not have to send off to your loan servicer!
Scholarship Walk-In Hours
Scholarship Walk-In Hours | Every Wednesday in Confluence Building, Room 118
- Application and Search Help | 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Essay Help | 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.