Fall 2020 Course Delivery Plans
Community College of Denver (CCD) has finalized our course delivery plans for the fall semester. Now, it’s time for you to check your schedule to make sure the format for each of your classes meets your needs.
To help you decide which options will work best for you, please visit ccd.edu/Learning-Options. Key things to keep in mind:
All classes will be held remotely during the first week of the fall semester.
- This means that you will need to log into D2L and check out your classes on Monday, August 17 to find out specifics of how each of your classes will function.
- The only exceptions to this will be Machining, Welding, Dental Hygiene, Radiological Technology, Nurse Aide, and Practical Nursing classes – these classes will meet in person during that first week of class.
After the first week, classes will run in the following ways:
- Remote Synchronous (SYNC) will combine online instruction with regularly scheduled web conference meetings
- Remote Asynchronous (ASYNC) will have mostly online instruction with few, if any, web conference meetings
- HYFLEX courses will combine in-person and remote instruction by live-streaming all in-person classes so that alternating groups of students will attend on-campus or attend remotely via web conference meetings
- Traditional in-person and hybrid classes will run for classes that cannot be conducted remotely, such as Machining, Welding, and some science classes. These classes will have some variations and limitations in how they meet so you should reach out to the specific department or instructor for details
- Traditional online classes will run normally
Please log into CCD Connect and check your schedule. Look for the following to identify how your classes will be delivered:
- SYNC, ASYNC, and HYFLEX courses will have a building code of ALTLR and Room code or either SYNC, ASYNC, or HYFLEX
- In-person and hybrid courses will have the actual campus building and room number
- Online courses will have a building code of DD2L and a room code of CCD ONLINE
If you find that the format of one or more of your classes will not work for you, please reach out to your advisor to switch to a different section that suits your needs.
We look forward to seeing all of you in August, whether it’s in person or virtually!