CCD Summer Bridge & Summer Connect
About the Programs
These programs will help you with:
- Strengthen Academic Skills
- Transition to College
- Find New Friends Going to College
- The Potential to Earn College Credit
But with two programs, how do you choose the right one for you?
Option 1 | Summer Connect
Summer Connect is for incoming students looking to get immersed in all things CCD! Take the next step in meeting your classmates and future instructors with jam packed, hands-on experiences like no other. You can also join us for BootUp Camps where we'll teach you even more valuable technical skills. There are five Summer Connect dates to choose from: June 13th, June 27th, July 11, July 25th & August 8th.
- Resource Presentation
- Financial Aid Overview
- D2L & CCDConnect Overview
- Purpose Path Speech & Free Lunch
- Plus! Specialty Workshops, including Stargazing, Vital Start, IC3, MOS, Photoshop Intro, Robots & Rockets and more!
Learn more about the full schedule and apply today by completing the Summer Connect application. You'll need to be accepted to the college before you apply.
Option 2 | TRIO Summer Bridge Program
Future students have access to TRIO's Summer Bridge course, which will help you prepare for college before you even start classes. Summer Bridge introduces you to college and prepares you for the challenges you might face in higher education. This free, two-week course is for new students starting at CCD in the summer or fall 2018. The schedule is July 30th - August 10th and runs Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Summer Bridge Learning Outcomes
After completing Summer Bridge, you will be able to
- create college success through effective self-management.
- navigate college culture and expectations.
- create and utilize a student support network.
- use financial literacy skills to meet financial commitments while in college.
- navigate and access the physical and online campus.
- articulate and follow an individual career and academic plan.
Summer Bridge Eligibility Requirements
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident,
- Be from a lower-income background, first-generation to attend college, or with disability,
- Be interested in transfer to a four-year college or university,
- Be enrolled at CCD with at least two semesters remaining at CCD, and
- Be willing to participate in and benefit from the services, opportunities, and resources provided by TRIO SSS.