U.S. Veterans Notice of Student Responsibility
Please Read the Following Statements
Each semester, after you register for classes the CCD Veteran Services Office will need the VA Enrollment Form and the Veteran Notice of Student Responsibility Form in order to send your enrollment to the VA. Please complete the fields below to complete the Notice of Student Responsibility Form (or you may download a PDF version here).
- It is your responsibility to notify the CCD Veteran Support Services office if you make any changes to your account, this includes, but is not limited to, your class enrollment at CCD, address change, major change, residency status, or filing for financial aid.
- Any changes made to your schedule after the VA Enrollment Form has been submitted may result in the VA creating a debt against you that you would be required to reconcile.
- It is your responsibility to drop/withdraw from a class through your CCDConnect account by the established deadlines. Failure to do so could result in an “F” for your final grade which ultimately may result in the VA creating a debt against you.
- If for any reason the VA claims you ineligible for VA Education Benefits after classes have started, you will be required to pay for your tuition and fees.
- As of August 1, 2011, the VA will only pay for in-state tuition rates. Please make sure to complete the U.S. Armed Forces Veterans Residency Requirement Waiver or the Active Duty Military Residency Requirement Waiver if you have been classified for non-resident tuition rates. You must submit this form within 30 days of the first day of class. You will also be required to apply for and authorize your College Opportunity Fund. Failure to do so will result in the student paying the difference. If you choose to decline your COF, official notice will need to be sent to the VA Certifying Official.
- If it is determined you have repeated a course previously taken and completed the course successfully, at CCD or at another institution, you will be responsible for repayment to the VA for all funds received for that course.
Please remember to notify the CCD Veteran Support Services office immediately if you make any changes to your schedule.