Class Testing for Accommodated Students
The Testing Center collaborates with the Accessibility Center to offer testing accommodations for CCD students. To qualify for testing accommodations, you must initially meet with the Accessibility Center and complete the Intake Process.
You are required to schedule a class testing appointment a minimum of 24 hours in advance. No exceptions will be made. If you do not have a testing appointment, you will not be able to take your exam.
Instructors are responsible for dropping off tests at least 24 hours prior to the student's appointment via the Testing Center's online test submission form. However, in order for the Accessibility Center to receive your test submission, you must answer "yes" when asked "Is this an accommodated test?" Instructors have the option of uploading MS Word, Excel, or PDF test documents along with a complete Accommodated Test Registration Form. For more information regarding all of our services for CCD instructors, please visit Class Testing for CCD Instructors.
Format of Tests
Tests may be either paper/pencil or online. The type of test depends on the student's accommodation. Materials permitted during the test (notes, books, calculator, etc.) are determined by your instructor and your accommodation letter.
Time limits for any test vary depending on your instructor and your your testing accommodations as listed on your letter.
For Instructors: Please only give the standard test time given to your classroom. The Accessibility Center will add the students extended time to the test proctoring.
How to Schedule
Schedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance by visiting the Accessibility Center, at Confluence Building, Room 121 or call 303.556.3300. You may also visit the Accommodated Testing Request form to set up an appointment but please note that the appointment is not set until you receive an email appointment confirmation from the Accessibility Center.
- The Testing Center does not guarantee the availability of all accommodated exams; please contact the Accessibility Center to verify that the exam is available at the Testing Center.
- You are allowed to check-in within 30 minutes before and after your scheduled appointment. If you arrive more than 30 minutes after your appointment, you will not be able to take the exam and will need to reschedule.
- Students are recommended to arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in.
- The Testing Center will collect all exams at the close of business day. If you would like your full extended time, please review the Testing Center's hours of operations and schedule your appointments accordingly.
- For a detailed overview of the policies, please review CCD Test Security & Fairness.
A government issued ID is required to take a test. Upon request an additional form of identification must be shown.
There is no cost for CCD Class Testing.
Each instructor is responsible for picking up and grading the tests.
You must coordinate with your instructor to retake a test.
Testing Aids Available Upon Request
- Ear plugs
- Sound machines
- Pencils (basic and mechanical)
- Sound reductions headphones
- Lined and graphing paper (if scratch paper is allowed by instructor)