Health Occupations Aptitude Examination
Format of the Health Occupations Aptitude Exams
This is a computer-based, timed test consisting of five sections. All five parts must be completed in one sitting in order to receive scores and be considered for admission. Calculators are not allowed during the test. Scratch paper and writing utensils will be provided.
- Read additional information and preparation resources.
- Health Occupations Aptitude Exams for Distance Learning Students
How to Schedule
The Health Occupations Aptitude Examinations are only administered during the month of January. This is an appointment-based exam.
You must schedule a HOAE appointment a minimum of 24 hours in advance. No exceptions will be made. If you do not have a testing appointment, you will not be able to take your exam.
- Academic Aptitude: 90 questions, 45 minutes
- Spelling: 60 questions, 15 minutes
- Reading Comprehension: 50 questions, 35 minutes
- Information in the Natural Sciences: 90 questions, 30 minutes
- Vocational Adjustment Index: 90 questions, 15 minutes
- TOTAL = Approximately 2 1/2 hours
All testers must provide a valid government-issued photo ID.
There is a fee of $60 per attempt and this fee will be paid during check-in at the Testing Center.
Results are available immediately after completion of exam. Scores will also be forwarded to the CCD Dental Hygiene Program or Radiologic Technology Program.
Students may retake the test once (a total of two times) within a one-year period. Retakes will be administered no sooner than 24 hours following the first attempt.