WorkKeys - Teaching Assistant
WorkKeys Proficiency Certificate for the Teacher Assistant Exam
CCD students are required to schedule a WorkKeys appointment a minimum of 24 hours in advance. No exceptions will be made. If you do not have a testing appointment, you will not be able to take your exam.
Format of the WorkKeys: This is a computer-based test containing multiple sections
- The WorkKeys Business Writing test measures the skills individuals use when they write an original response to a work-related situation.
- The WorkKeys Workplace Documents assessment measures skills individuals use when they read real workplace documents and use that information to make job-related decisions and solve problems.
- The WorkKeys Applied Math Assessment measures critical thinking, mathematical reasoning, and problem-solving techniques for situations that actually occur in today’s workplace.
- The WorkKeys Graphic Literacy Assessment measures skills that individuals use when they read and comprehend graphical materials to solve work-related problems.
- The WorkKeys Business Writing: Essay, 30 Minutes
- The WorkKeys Workplace Documents: 55 minutes (WorkKeys Internet Version and Paper), Number of Items: 35
- The WorkKeys Graphic Literacy: 55 minutes (WorkKeys Internet Version and Paper, Number of Items: 38
- The WorkKeys Applied Math Assessment: 55 minutes (WorkKeys Internet Version and Paper), Number of Items: 34
How to Schedule
This is an appointment-based exam. Please be aware that the business writing assessment is only offered until June 1, 2018. Please schedule your appointment 24 hours in advance.
Effective March 2nd, 2018: The three sections of WorkKeys (Reading for Information, Locating Information, and Applied Mathematics assessments) will be replaced with Workplace Documents, Graphic Literacy, and Applied Math Assessment. View more information regarding this change.
*We do not offer this exam in Spanish.*
All candidates must provide a government-issued photo ID. The name used for registration must match exactly the name on the ID.
The cost for each section is $20. Current Denver Public Schools paraprofessionals with a valid DPS ID are eligible for a $5 discount when purchasing all three sections at once. Fees are payable upon check-in at the CCD Testing Center.
- Scores will be available within 24 hours. For more information about scores and what is considered passing score please visit ACT.org.
- Business writing scores will be available in approximately three to five business days.
Retest Information and Preparation
- A retest is allowed twice within a 30 day period.
- To prepare for these exams, visit ACT.org.