CCD has inter-institutional agreements in place with Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver), the University of Colorado Denver (UCD), and Colorado School of Mines (CSM).
- As a CCD student, you can take selective courses at these institutions if space is available.
- MSU Denver or UCD students can take selective courses at CCD if space is available. If you are not a CCD student, you must obtain instructions, forms and deadlines from your home institution. (Note: Online, remedial, and extended campus courses are not part of this agreement and can not be taken through this program.)
- CSM students interested in taking an elective course, not offered at CSM, must obtain instructions, forms and deadlines from your home institution.
Before You Apply
- In order to take classes at another institution, you are required to meet course prerequisites, which includes assessment testing.
- Courses taken at the host institutions in no way alter existing degree requirements, but may apply toward degree requirements, subject to approval by the home school.
- Students are advised to confer with department chairs and/or coordinators and Academic Advisor before registering inter-institutionally.
- Before enrolling at an institution, you should confirm that desired courses will satisfy degree requirements at your home institution. There is also a limit to the number of credits that can transfer.
- You are responsible for following the procedures and deadlines set by both home and host institutions if you participate in the Inter-Institutional Program.
- You may only receive financial aid at your home institution.
Inter-Institutional Courses with MSU Denver & CU Denver
MSU Denver & CU Denver have an inter-institutional agreement that allows CCD students to take select courses at MSU Denver or CU Denver if space is available. The tuition will be paid at CCD, excluding any fees that may be required. MSU Denver and CU Denver students can also take select courses at CCD if space is available, and they will pay all tuition through their home institution.
For CCD students, the tuition for all classes will be paid at CCD, excluding any fees that may be required. CCD students have the advantage of paying lower tuition rate for courses offered by the host institution while MSU Denver and CU Denver students have access to a diverse selection of electives and courses that may not be available at their home institution. Online, off-campus, or extended campus courses are not covered under this agreement.
Instructions: How to Register for MSU Denver or UCD Inter-Institutional Courses
Step 1. Register for CCD course(s) according to registration dates at CCD. You must be enrolled and a degree seeking student at CCD in order to participate with the Inter-Institutional program.
Step 2. Obtain Inter-Institutional forms in person from Enrollment Services in Confluence 114. Then, meet with the Registrar’s Office of the host institution to apply according to their published deadline.
- MSU Denver: Room 160, Student Success Building
- CU Denver: Room 5005 (5th Floor), Student Commons Building
Step 3. Register for course(s) according to registration dates at the host institution.
- CCD students will not be waitlisted for any MSU Denver or CU Denver classes that are full.
- The amount of credits taken at the host institution must be equal to or less than the amount of credits taken at CCD (home institution).
- There may be a limit of the number of courses you are able to enroll in at the host institution. Verify enrollment limit at the host institution.
- Online and extended campus classes are not part of this agreement; CCD students are not allowed to register for these classes at the host institution.
Step 4. Submit Inter-Institutional forms to CCD by the published deadline after completion of the Inter-Institutional application and registration process at the host institution including a copy of your registration from the host institution. Exceptions to the deadline will not be allowed.
Step 5. Tuition will be assessed at CCD and must be paid by the payment deadline. There may be fees assessed at the host institution depending on the course registered. Verify your fees at the host institution.
Step 6. Inter-Institutional courses may be considered as transferable course(s) at the host institution; please make sure you do not go over your limit of transfer. Verify the transferable course(s) with an advisor at the host institution.
Colorado School of Mines Inter-Institutional Program Information
CCD and Colorado School of Mines (CSM) have an inter-institutional agreement. CCD students who are registered for six credit hours or more at CCD may apply to register for EPIC 151, Engineering Design I, at CSM during the same term. This registration is intended to allow prospective CSM transfer students to be integrated into the CSM community in advance of their formal transfer from CCD to CSM.
As part of the CSM inter-institutional program, CCD students must meet the following requirements: be degree-seeking, registered for six or more credit hours at CCD, and must be co-enrolled in MAT 201 or have completed MAT 201.
CSM students interested in taking one elective course, not offered at CSM, must obtain instructions and deadlines from their home institution. All students are required to meet course prerequisites, which includes assessment testing. CSM students can register for online and off-campus courses.
Courses taken at the host institution in no way alter existing degree requirements, but may apply toward degree requirements, subject to approval by the home institution. Students are advised to confer with department chairs and academic advisors before registering inter-institutionally. Students should confirm before enrolling that desired courses will satisfy degree requirements at the home institution.
Students may only receive financial aid at their home institution.
Summer 2017 Inter-Institutional Deadlines for CCD students interested in taking
- CU Denver courses: June 1
- MSU Denver courses: June 1
- EPIC 151 at Colorado School of Mines: June 1
CU Denver, MSU Denver, and CSM students taking classes at CCD:
You are required to submit approved inter-institutional forms and a copy of your schedule to CCD’s Office of Registration & Records in Confluence 114, by the published deadline. Obtain instructions and inter-institutional forms from your home institution if not a CCD student.
- Summer 2017 Inter-Institutional Deadline: June 1
We're here to help! Contact us to get started!
800 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80204
Campus Box 201
P.O. Box 173363
Denver, CO 80217